Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General MLB Franchise Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

General MLB Franchise Discussion

If you have a franchise going in MLB The Show but don't want to post it, talk about it here!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Going to keep it real and have Matt Garza start the year on the "DL". Dont think i am going to trade him now

what's up guys, as you can tell I'm new here and this is my first time playing The Show since '08. I've been active on DSS forums for a while (GR5Noles), making different chises over there for NCAA football and NBA, and now I'm looking to get into a MLB thread. My problem is, I don't know who to start one with. If you guys could take a second and drop a comment on who you'd like to see I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here are the teams (and titles) I've been considering:

New York Yankees (Pride In Pinstripes) - Being a Yankees fan since before I could talk, seeing the core of the dominant teams leave is heartbreaking. Now only Pettitte, Jeter, and Rivera are left, with Mo ready to retire. Ultimately, it's a end of an era in the Bronx. I'd also be starting without Granderson and Teixeira to make it all the more realistic and challenging.

Kansas City Royals (A Tarnished Crown) - The Royals have consistently been one of baseball's worst teams. However, things are looking better now. The Royals went out and got James Shields to finally give them a sure-fire ace at the top of the rotation with Ervin Santana behind him and a talented bullpen consisting of Greg Holland, Kelvin Herrera, and Aaron Crow. The lineup is fairly deep, with youth and experience. Billy Butler, Alex Gordon, Salvador Perez, and Alcides Escobar are all pieces that could I could build around.

Oakland A's () - No one really expected the A's to play like they did last year, winning the AL West over the Rangers and Josh Hamilton and the Angels and Albert Pujols. Now, with Hamilton and Pujols joining forces and the A's cross-town rivals sitting pretty after winning another World Series, Billy Beane's squad is out to prove that they aren't just underdogs.

Atlanta Braves () - Probably the best and most balanced team on the list. The Braves have a great lineup and amazing young talent with Jason Heyward, Justin Upton, Freddie Freeman, and Andrelton Simmons. Their pitching is phenomenal too, with Kris Medlen, Tim Hudson, Brandon Beachy, and Craig Krimbel. The Braves are a terrific team, but are they as good as the Nationals? The NL East is a two-horse between the Nats and Braves, so that season long battle could be really interesting.

Arizona Diamondbacks (Danger in the Desert) - The Diamondbacks are truly in an uphill battle. They have talent, but they're in arguably the most difficult division in baseball. With the reigning World Series champions, a revamped Dodgers squad, and the talented Rockies in the division, the D-Backs have their hands full. But, with great talent in the starting rotation with Ian Kennedy, Brandon McCarthy, Daniel Hudson, and Wade Miley, the D-Backs will be tough to score on. Scoring runs themselves may be a problem though. While the A's and Royals have some very big bats in the lineup with guys like Yoenis Cespedes and Billy Butler, Arizona lacks that, especially after losing Justin Upton. Paul Goldschmidt, Gerardo Parra, and Adam Eaton are all 25 or under, so they have some young talent, but no real 25+ homerun a year guy.

Lastly, I'll put the thread up once there's a good amount of votes, and I'll just put up random updates, connecting with real life, but won't start actually playing games until around Opening Day when the OSFM rosters come out

Royals would probably be a fun team to play with. They have a lot of potential. As well as the A's. Either of those teams would be nice to see.

@CountdowNxx awwww shit Noles is here! Glad to see another quality member come over, you're like the one guy who actually posted on my Pacers dynasty that I had on DSS a few months ago lol

hahaha I can't comment on that anymore, I can't stand the Pacers right now

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CountdowNxx View Post
    hahaha I can't comment on that anymore, I can't stand the Pacers right now
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278521

Ross,

I really like the threads that are at the top of the NBA page for Franchise Records and the list of franchises with each team. Is it possible you could add something like that to the MLB franchise page (and NFL, etc.)? Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jmik58 For This Useful Post:

Pro

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Nice thread here with my NASCAR I just don't have the time to run a full blown dynasty, but I still have a couple place to talk franchise. I am rolling with Seattle this year. Looking to maybe get Carlos Gomez off the Brewers, but not sure what to offer and I read in one of threads I think it was here about trading Alex Rodriguez back to Seattle and that's intriguing, but not sure about that either. I am not one for hammering out realistic trades unless I really dive into looking at the teams and not sure if I want to even try to pull the trigger on one of those especially the Rodriguez one. I just love me a super fast and at least decent defensive player manning center to double as my lead off guy and am looking to find him in the draft or maybe Gomez as he could be had for a bit cheaper than the top CFer's that fit the profile. Decisions, decisions.......

This is what how I have my team set up right now, but it's definitely a work in progress as I'm sure a lot of moving around in the lineup is going to be had and my bull pen is not what I think is the best options I have at the moment.

"RHP Line Up"
    (CF) Franklin Gutierrez
    (2B) Dustin Ackley
    (1B) Kendrys Morales
    (LF) Mike Morse
    (DH) Justin Smoak
    (3B) Kyle Seager
    [C] Jesus Montero
    (RF) Michael Saunders
    (SS) Brendan Ryan

"LHP Line Up"
    (CF) Franklin Gutierrez
    (2B) Robert Andino
    [C] Jesus Montero
    (DH) Mike Morse
    (1B) Kendrys Morales
    (LF) Jason Bay
    (3B) Kyle Seager
    (RF) Michael Saunders
    (SS) Brendan Ryan

'Rest of Bench"
    (OF) Scott Podsednik
    [C] Kelly Shoppach

"Rotation"
    Felix Hernandez
    Hisashi Iwakuma
    Erasmo Ramirez
    Blake Beavin
    Joe Saunders

"Pen"
    (LRP) Hector Noesi
    (LRP) Jeremy Bonderman

(LSP) Charlie Furbush

(MRP) Josh Kinney
    (MRP) Bobby LaFromboise

(SU) Kameron Loe

(CP) Tom Wilhelmsen

Only move I made was to get rid of Raul Ibanez and sign Scott Podsednik. I already sent down Josh Kinney as he is more a situational 1 batter type righty and with 3 lefties in the pen I needed more of a full inning eater righty as it sits. I forgot who I called up though :'( lol. Don't normally use 3 lefties, but they are all pitching well and I don't have a righty option for a 2nd long reliever right now either with all the promising arms in AAA right now and rather they get the playing time at starter. I choose this team because of the real nice farm system and young guys in the majors already. I just have to plug a few holes and mold the team to how I play the game. I use these types of teams so I can build them in 2-3 years because I have OCD and have to play every game lol...I am not doing so well right now sitting at 3-4 with only 2 homeruns and 20 runs scored so far, but my pitching has been pretty much lights out.
    Last edited by Sacrafice; 04-04-2013 at 9:01 PM.

A's or Brewers?

Late to the party, but The Show is going to be a birthday present so I'll have it in a matter of days. Both of my teams (Braves and Red Sox) are doing well this year and franchises with them have already been done, even if they're not currently active, so I thought I'd go with something different. I've got it narrowed down to the A's and the Brewers. The last-place Brew Crew would be more of a challenge, but it would also if fun to see if the A's can maintain in against their bigger-market competitors.

Any preferences on which team you'd like to see me do a franchise with?