Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mile High Renaissance

Champion of the Losers MajorSupreme's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Denver Broncos Mile High Renaissance

Game: Madden NFL 08 PC
    Start Year: 2017-18 Post-Season
    Team: Denver Broncos

Hard drive gave out on me on the original Broncos chise, so we are here to start anew. Starting at the end of week 17 and onward.

House Rules:

• All teams are under my control due to Madden's offseason A.I. being less than desirable. (Guys like Brady hitting FA after 40+ TD seasons and Super Bowl MVPs). But AI teams still have control over free agency signings, cuts, etc. I'm just maintaining realism.
    • Because I am controlling all teams, all trades will be organized by me based on team needs and player morale (players will ask for trades).
    • For me, no more than 1 regular season trade every year and no more than 2 per offseason. Pick for pick trades do not count.
    • Using Nza franchise guidelines (Link to the guide: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/v...php?f=80&t=150) and MaddenEditor version 1.3 (Here is the link: http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/Files)
    • Before a new season, I will apply CMP66's recommended coach slider adjustments to create realistic sim stats.
    • When (re)signing players, no lowballing. I have to offer what they want.
    • Also, only allowed 5 re-signs+1 franchise tag per offseason.
    • During free agency, I can only sign one FA over 88+ ovr, two FAs 81-87 ovr, and unlimited 80 and below.
    • No more than 10 draft picks in a draft, no more than two in the 1st round.
    Last edited by MajorSupreme; 03-14-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Vance Joseph Retained as Head Coach

Vance Joseph will turn his eyes to the offseason after a poor first season as head coach.

Vance Joseph survives the ax, majority of staff dismissed

Broncos general manager John Elway elected to keep Vance Joseph on after a forgettable first season as the team's head coach. The Broncos finished 5-11, regressing from 2016's 9-7 finish under former head coach (and now front office executive) Gary Kubiak. Joseph was hired away from his defensive coordinator role in Miami to be Kubiak's replacement.

Denver suffered through an eight-game losing streak, finishing the season at 2-10. Reports swirled about his potential firing, but players on the team expressed their support.

The returning coach will be surrounded by a new support system as the Broncos front office dismissed after the last loss to the Chiefs. Assistant head coach and running backs coach Eric Studesville, special teams coordinator Brock Olivo, receivers coach Tyke Tolbert, offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, and defensive assistants Fred Pagac and Johnnie Lynn will not be returning with the team next season. Defensive coordinator Joe Woods will be retained, but it is unclear if Bill Musgrave, who was promoted to OC after Mike McCoy was fired midseason, will stay on in his position.

Broncos Begin Making Hirings on Offense

Giants OC Mike Sullivan highlights the recent hirings.

Broncos add staff members, retain Musgrave

After dismissing staff members at season's end, the Broncos have moved quickly to hire new talent.

Mike Sullivan, formerly the offensive coordinator for the New York Giants, will take over as the quarterbacks coach.
    • New York Giants Receivers Coach/Quarterbacks Coach (2004-2011, 2015)
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers Offensive Coordinator (2012-2013)
    • New York Giants Offensive Coordinator (2016-2017)

Curtis Modkins, running backs coach for the Chicago Bears, will have the same role in Denver.
    • Arizona Cardinals Running Backs Coach (2009)
    • Buffalo Bills Offensive Coordinator (2010-2012)
    • Detroit Lions Running Backs Coach (2013-2015)
    • San Francisco 49ers Offensive Coordinator (2016)
    • Chicago Bears Running Backs Coach (2017)

Sean Kugler, who stepped down from his head coaching gig at UTEP, will replace Jeff Davidson as offensive line coach.
    • Boise State Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line Coach (2006)
    • Buffalo Bills Offensive Assistant/Offensive Line Coach )(2007-2009)
    • Pittsburgh Steelers Offensive Line Coach (2010-2012)
    • UTEP Head Coach (2013-2017)

The Broncos have also announced that they will not keep Bill Musgrave as offensive coordinator, but will retain him as an offensive assistant coach.
    Last edited by MajorSupreme; 01-05-2018 at 4:54 AM.

Black Monday Recap

Jack Del Rio was a surprise departure this Black Monday.

Del Rio, Pagano among those fired; Arians retires

Jack Del Rio, Oakland Raiders: Probably the most surprising and unsuspected move of the season. The Raiders entered AFC favorites with the return of Derek Carr from injury. A 6-10 result surely was not expected. The Raiders fired Ken Norton early on and finally decided that Del Rio is next to go. The extra piece of this story is the report that the Raiders front office wants to pursue retired Raiders head coach Jon Gruden.

Jim Caldwell, Detroit Lions: Caldwell was not a terrible head coach, but mediocre at the end of the day. Back to back 9-7 seasons and a playoff miss. The firing is not the prettiest, actually many pundits debate that it was unwarranted. But the front office felt that given the talent of the roster, the team should be contending.

John Fox, Chicago Bears: Fox has was handed the keys for this rebuilding task, but unfortunately found himself short of the task. It was not a hard decision, and now the front office can find the perfect match for their quarterback of the future, Mitchell Trubisky. Finishing at 14-34, it appears John Fox is drifting towards Jim Fisher territory.

Chuck Pagano, Indianapolis Colts: Despite being hindered by being without his franchise quarterback, it has been obvious that the Colts have not been the dominant team they were in 2014. They haven't had a winning record in three seasons, finishing 8-8 twice and 4-12 this past season.

Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals: Not a firing, but a melancholic departure for fan favorite Bruce Arians. He has done a great job managing injuries and an aging roster that is no doubt due for an overhaul. The game will miss him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Forgot you were doing PC. Still giving thumbs up for the real-time startup.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mudcat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
    Forgot you were doing PC. Still giving thumbs up for the real-time startup.
    Yeah, I just finished simming every game from week 1 to week 17 to get the records correct and accurate playoff seedings. Lots of saves and re-loads.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorSupreme View Post
    Yeah, I just finished simming every game from week 1 to week 17 to get the records correct and accurate playoff seedings. Lots of saves and re-loads.
    I've done that, so I feel your pain. I admire your fortitude.