Stand On Guard For Thee Captain Canada's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    And so it begins...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    already getting into trouble smh

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Baze For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    "Lewis with the steal and he's pushing the ball up the court and up they go...OH MY! What a thunderous dunk by Thomas Shelby off the lob!"

"Lee launches from three and it's another rebound for Shelby who takes it back up for the and-one!"

"Utah Valley down eighteen points with 12:50 to go in the second half and it's Frey bring the ball up the court and they need to get their offense going. Frey passes the ball to...and he's intercepted by Thomas Shelby and there he goes again ladies and gentlemen! His fifth steal of the night leads to his 18th and 19th point of the night, all of them coming off dunks or at the free throw line. He is sure fun to watch Craig,"

"He really is Alex. He missed the first couple of games with an ankle injury but he looks healthy again and showing the kind of athleticism that made him such a highly sought after prospect,"

Thomas frantically searched around his dorm, muttering a couple choice words under his breath as he turned over every piece of furniture. He glared at the clock and sighed as he stood in the middle of his room.

"We gotta ride out bro," Donovan finally came in, "I'm sure you'll be fine,"

"Out of all the fucking games," Thomas scoffed, "It had to be the biggest game of our season,"

"It's just a fucking wristband bro," Donovan tried to reason with him, "Bro, the bus is leaving like thirty minutes and we're supposed to already report,"

"Fuck it," Thomas sighed, "Aight, let's go. I gotta take care of something first though, meet you at the complex."

Thomas pulled out his phone as he threw his bag over his shoulder and locked the room behind him in defeat. He scrolled through his phone for a few minutes before finding the person he was looking for and sent them a text but as soon as he reached the last step in the staircase, he noticed they were already there waiting for him.

"I was just about to text you," he said as he dapped up Colin, "I don't have cash on me so you'll have to take my word for it,"

"Don't worry about it bro," Colin grinned as he pointed to his red shirt that read 'Beat Little Blue', "This one is on the house,"

"I knew I made the right college choice," Thomas chuckled as he grabbed the small Ziploc bag.

"I added that brown pill just for today bro," Colin whispered, "It's an upper and I'd figured you want to get up for this game. Just take half of it before the game and you should be good. When you guys win, take the other half and trust me, it's gonna be the best nut you ever bust."

"I appreciate it," Thomas couldn't help but laugh, "But don't ever talk about busting nuts with me, aight? Take care, kid."

"Murray tries to set himself open with that step back three and it rims out. He's really struggling with getting around Shelby's length, who's played great defense on him."

"Lewis drives in and kicks it out to Damion Lee and it's another miss for the senior, who's struggled so far with his shot."

"Another miss by Lee but this time it's rebounded by Shelby who flushes it in for the putback!"

"Ulis comes off the screen and Shelby switches onto him and he's just smothering the undersized point guard and it's a turnover! Thomas Shelby is completely dominating this game on the defensive end but Louisville just can't seem to get it going offensively."

"Murray pushes the ball up the court off the miss and he dishes out to Ulis who is quickly stripped by Shelby and it's going the other way. Louisville down four with 5:40 to go and Shelby launches from deep and it's good! Wow! Not the best shot but when it goes in, it goes in!"

"Lee takes the inbound after the Ulis three to bring the lead back up to five and they're going back to Shelby with 1:47 to go. Shelby sizes him up, fakes the jab step inside and explodes to the rim for the and one!"

"Thirteen seconds to go folks and it's Louisville ball after that Murray turnover, 75-73 Kentucky. If I'm Louisville, I'm going to Shelby."

"You have to, Craig. He's got 27 points and while he's not a great isolation player, he can get to the foul line. Damion Lee is 0-for-5 from the court and while you'd like Lewis to initiate the offense, I want the six-foot-six Shelby attacking the rim, trying to get to the line. If anything opens up outside, then you take it. But if I'm Louisville, I'm definitely going to Shelby."

"Smart decisions," coach Pitino whispered to Thomas after drawing up a play that put the ball in the hand of his freshman forward, "Don't force it, smart decisions. You got us here, take us home."

Thomas nodded his head as he leaned over and rested his hands on his knees. He took deep, shallow breaths as he tried to think about anything but the sharp pain in his right ankle. Coach played him all forty minutes of the game since he was the only one on the court that could guard Kentucky's stud guard in Jamal Murray. A smile crept up on Thomas' face as he looked up on the scoreboard and saw the '3/14' next to Murray's number. Holding what many considered to be a future top draft pick to single digit points brought Thomas more joy than the career high 27 points he had. But all those 27 points would be for nothing if he at least didn't his 28th and 29th on the next possession.

The referee handed Thomas the ball as he in bounded the ball to Trey who instantly dribbled to the middle of the court as the clock approached ten seconds. Thomas and Damion ran double screen action before Thomas popped up towards the top of the key and caught the ball with about six seconds left. As Thomas started his dribble, the pain in his ankle and was throbbing and he knew there was no way he was going to get any type of lift. The pain killers had worn off about midway through the second half but Thomas pushed through it.

He took a hesitation step before exploding towards the lane, splitting two defenders before his eyes glared up to the game clock to realize there were only two seconds left. He picked up his dribble and took two steps towards the rim as Marcus Lee came crashing in. Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Damion flare to the corner three for the wide open shot. Thomas could have taken up it up and forced overtime with a two but he knew there was no way he could play another single minute on his ankle. It was all or nothing. He reluctantly passed up the open shot to Damion before closing his eyes, anxiously awaiting for the crowd's reaction.Thomas' heart sunk as he heard the unmistakable sound of a ball clanking off a rim followed by the roar of the crowd. As the student section within a few feet of Thomas

Fuck Kentucky

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

All caught up. Intrigued like a motherf----r.

Just couldn't wait to dabble in those drugs, huh?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChosenOne58 For This Useful Post:

Samantha continue to run her hand through Thomas' hair despite his desperate pleas for her to stop.

"I don't know if I like this look," she said in her thick Boston accent that Thomas had already grown unaccustomed to.

He quietly laughed to himself as he imagined her moaning in that accent, "I didn't know I needed your permission to change my hair sweetheart,"

"You look like one of them ******s," Trevor laughed, "Ironically, you look either like them or one of them Aryan Nations guys, you know. Like the low hair cut with all them tattoos, quite the juxtaposition."

"That's a big word for you," Thomas scoffed, "Them classes at Emerson starting to pay off, huh? I told you I believed in you,"

"You think you're smart because you go to that big state school?"

"I barely go to that big state school," Thomas quipped, "I've been to like five classes all year but still, I am smarter than y'all."

"Real funny," Samantha quipped, "Not everyone is born tall and athletic and can jump out the gym and that my friend, not your smarts, is why you're at that school."

"That's not the only reason I'm good at basketball," Thomas defended his now improved offensive game, "I know you guys saw them shots I made against UK, your boy has a shot now kid!"

"Get the fuck outta here," Trevor dismissed it, "You got lucky, do it again."

"We play North Carolina next month," Thomas said with confidence, "Tune your fucking TV dude, I'm going off on that game."

"Enough of this basketball talk," Samantha groaned, "So, are we going to Big Frank's house before we drop you off?"

Thomas looked at Trevor and shrugged his shoulders. He didn't really wanna go but it was enough that his new haircut had signaled to his friends that he had changed. Once you got past the pseudo-Nazi paraphernalia, Frank was quite the host and he always had a bevy of attractive young ladies at his house ready to do anything with the imperative word in that sentence being young. As fun as going to Frank's house typically was, there was also a 1-in-8 chance that you left his house in handcuffs and a felony.

"Actually nah," Thomas looked away from Samantha and Trevor and stared aimlessly at the highway road, "I need to get home,"

Thomas slowly waved to Samantha and Trevor as they peeled out of the driveway and dissapeared behind what seemed like a mountain of snow. He took a deep breath before taking a few steps towards the porch before the door swung open.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Thomas' mood quickly changed as he dropped his bags and approached the middle age man with a beer in his hand.

"Thomas...." his mom stuttered, "You didn't tell me you were visiting,"

"What the fuck is he doing here?!" Thomas quickly brushed his mom out of the way and stood face to face with him.

"Donny is just visiting," she pleaded, "Johnny! Johnny!"

Johnny quickly came outside and realized the situation at hand and separated Thomas from Donny.

"Listen Tommy," Donny sighed, "I don't want any trouble kid, I'm just having a beer with your mom."

"Where the fuck is Bobby?" Thomas pushed Johnny out of the way and made his way into the house, "Bobby!"

"He's sleeping for Christ sakes!" Sarah yelled back at him.

"Are you seriously back up with this bullshit again?!" Donny's tone changed, "I thought you said this was over Sarah!"

"You know how Tommy is," Johnny shrugged, "He's just...we know Bobby is just confused, Don."

"Y'all need to talk that boy then because I'm tir..."

Before Donny could finish his sentence, his mouth was interrupted by Thomas' fist. Thomas punched him a few more times in the face, each time fighting off Johnny who tried to hold him back. Donny swung at Thomas but somehow missed the 6-foot-6 target who soon speared him from the porch into the front yard. Thomas kept wailing at him, just throwing wild rights and left as tears ran down his cheek. Johnny managed to pull Thomas' off of Donny but Thomas elbow Johnny in the mouth and was soon back on the attack, this time chocking the now defenseless and nearly passed out Donny.

"You ever come back here," Thomas seethed, "I'll fucking kill you, Donny. I'll fucking do it and you know I can and you know I will. Now, you're gonna get up, get in that piece of shit cars of yours and find another little boy to prey on besides my brother. Because I won't just kill you Donny, I'll cut your dick off and we can take your pike ass to see Frank too before you and I are done, okay?"

Thomas finally let go of Donny's next and wiped the tears out of his eyes. He looked at his mother and brother in disgust as he picked up his bags and went back inside.

"Tommy?" a now half awake Bobby asked at the top of the steps, "Tommy!"

The boy quickly ran down the steps and into the arms of his big brother, hugging Thomas so tight as if he never wanted to let him go.

"Oh," Thomas groaned, "You've been hitting the weights, haven't you? What you benching, 260 kid?"

"What are you doing here?" Bobby asked as he tried to look at what was going on outside but Thomas' shielded the view with his body.

"You know that hotel off 88 that you always liked?"

"The one with the big Christmas tree?!"

"Yeah," Thomas laughed, "Pack your stuff, we're spending the night there. But before that, we're going to Jimmy's and after that, we'll get some ice cream and you can tell me all about how school is doing,"

I smell an interesting storyline coming up. Your writing is really improving man. I love it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

Thomas raised his hands as Donovan ran his man right into Thomas' chest and left the helpless defender dazed and confused as the defense tried to call out switches and adjustments. Thomas used the chaos to his advantage and swiftly popped outside and Donovan quickly passed him the ball at the top of the key.

Although they had never played together as teammates, Thomas and Donovan had built up chemistry from just playing against each other over the years.

Thomas threw up a pump fake and his defender lunged at him, opening up a hole for Thomas to use his length to keep the ball out of the hands of the preying defense before he gently layed it in. He jogged back on defense with a little bit of swagger in his steps and locked onto Damion's chest as he switched his attention to his favorite part of the game. Damion ran through a series of screen off the ball but couldn't seemed to get open and when Trey swung him the ball, he could barely hang on to it and was quickly stripped by Thomas.

With his ankles now feeling as good as new, Thomas exploded out onto the open court and soared towards the rim for what seemed like his 10th rim rattling slam of the scrimmage. Thomas screamed as he hung and swung on the rim before using his momentum to propel him nearly halfway towards the halfcourt line as he jumped off.

"Daddy's back bitches!"

"As long as you take a shower afterwards," Jaylen tried to explain, "You should be straight,"

"You're literally the dumbest person I've ever met mate," Deng replied as he shook his head, "Can you believe this guy?"

"It's not like sweat Jaylen," Thomas barely was able to keep his food down as he tried to stifle his laughter, "You can't just wipe it off and I'd be more worried about the selection of girls you're fucking if they let you hit it without a condom,"

"Stop my fucking time," Donovan interjected, "You fuck anything that's moving Tommy,"

"You're just mad I've started dipping into the ebony category of this fine campus," Thomas threw his hands up, "The sistahs can't resist Tommy boy!"

"How does Alexis feel about your new found love for all things chocolate?" Deng raised an eyebrow.

"It's none of her business kid," Thomas said confidently, "As long as she's getting dicked down properly on a semi regular basis, we're good. She also gets to post selfies with me so as far as I'm concerned, I'm doing my part of this relationship."

"Hey guys," Ryan, one of the team managers, interrupted the conversation.

"Please tell this man a shower isn't going to wash the STDs off," Deng shook his head as he placed his hands on Jaylen's shoulder.

"You guys are the worse," Ryan nervously chuckled, "Hey Tommy, coach wants to see you."

"I told you guys," Thomas laughed, "I'm starting next game, aren't I, Ryan?"

"I....I don't know," Ryan stuttered, "He just told me to come get you,"

"Well guys," Thomas took a dramatic deep breath, "It was fun being bench warmers with you guys but I must let my wings soar me to the greatness I was destined for,"

"Fuck outta here," Donovan sucked his teeth and threw a rolled up napkin at Thomas' head.

Thomas smiled as he placed his hands around Ryan as they made their way outside of the dining hall and into the walkway that led to the athletics complex. At first Ryan was uncomfortable and felt belittled by Thomas' arms around him but once he realized the attention that the six-foot-six tattooed Thomas received from the fairer sex, he was fine with it.

"He's in there," Ryan said as he stopped about halfway to coach Pitino's office.

Thomas had a confused look on his face but he shrugged and peaked his head into coach's office.

"Coach?" Thomas asked before coach Pitino motioned him in.

"Take a seat," Pitino said with a stern voice.

It was clear now that this wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation. Thomas' mind raced as he thought about everything he had done the past few days. He had gotten pretty drunk after the Wake Forest game but most of that was spent alternating between the legs of Alexis and Irene. He had gotten into a screaming match with a few of his suite mates a few nights ago over 'loud noises' but that wouldn't have merited a one-on-one conversation. The only thing that would get him into the trouble was to fight with Donny but he knew that Donny was too much of a coward to ever press charges.

"What's going on coach?" Thomas nervously laughed, trying to defuse the situation.

"You tell me Shelby," Pitino slapped a stack on papers on the desk, "What the fuck have you been up to?!"

"It's complicated coach," Thomas sighed, "I just don't want him around my little brother, I probably went too f.."

"What are you talking about?" Pitino asked with a puzzled look on his face, "I'm talking about your grades,"

"Oh," Thomas took a deep breath, "Yeah, I'm just struggling. But they're gonna get better and I'm starting to really put the work in. I was just busy with treatment and everything else but things are going to change, coach. I promise you. I want you to trust me and I want to be the leader of this team and I now understand that that starts with the classroom and I'm going to attack it and I'm going..."

"Thomas," coach interrupted him, "You've been placed on academic probation."

"What? No coach, you don't understand. Things were just hectic in the fall but now I'm ready,"

"It's out of my hands son," coach sighed, "A 1.5, Thomas? How the fuck do you have a 1.5 GPA? You're on academic probation until you get it back up to 2.0,"

"What does that mean?"

"You can't practice with the team, you can't travel with the team and you obviously can't play. Your scholarship is still valid and.."

"Whatever man," Thomas angrily got up.

"Shelby!"

"This some fucking bullshit," Thomas slammed the door behind him.

Go to class, bitch!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    education first.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Baze For This Useful Post: