Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Movie Tournament

King

Best Movie Tournament

I have seen another tournaments like this go on before on other forums, and I would like to present this idea to Simulation Sports. We would generate a list of either A) 20 movies in a bracket, B) 32 movies in a bracket, or C) 12 movies in a bracket. We would need somebody to create and organize a bracket for this, and once we got the movie names, we could begin. A, B, or C? And submit your favorite movie to add to the list.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Yeah, this might work. I could make some tables in Excel for the bracket. 20 movies, 10 on each side, would work fine I think. And we would vote for each movie to win in a different thread?

The Hangover, 21 Jump Street, and Die Hard.
    Go Hoosiers

All-Star

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    I recommend a 64 movie tournament...just because there a lot of solid films..

Have each bracket be a genre maybe? Not sure.

King
    Might work. We could have a comedy bracket, thriller and action bracket, horror bracket, and any others people can think of. How does 10 movies in each bracket sound? Then we put the champions of each bracket into one and see which movie is the best. The main problem is getting enough movies haha.

King
    I'll find a list for the top 10 movies in each genre, and then post them here. After we have the movies, we should be able to get this going right?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    So what happened with this idea cause it sounds interesting.

King
    Here's my list.

Horror - Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Poltegeist, Pet Cemetery, Blaire With Project, The Shining, The Haunting, The Exorcist. Just found this list online.

Action - The Bourne Ultimatum, The Avengers, The Bourne Identity, The Expendables, Resident Evil, The Dark Knight, The Bourne Surpremacy, Die Hard, Mission Impossible, and Iron Man 2.

Comedy - The Hangover, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Jackass, American Pie, Superbad, 21 Jump Street, The Hangover Part II, Date Night, Rango, and Hall Pass.

Other - Need help finding 10 movies for this list. Just submit your favorite movies and I'll add them to this. After we have all 40, we'll start the 4 separate brackets and then so forth. I don't know how I'll do the brackets though. Ross or JMocks, could you possibly make sub-forums or something for these?

All-Star

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    http://betterbracketmaker.com/

Will want to go from 10 to 8 per.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Proof21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    this does sound fun

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Hmm. How are we going to set this up? I'll get the threads and stuff posted. 8 movies per bracket.. so 4 threads? Or should I make a sub-forum for this tournament? Sub-forum would be until it's done. And @Proof21, thanks for that bracket. Might use it as a general bracket in a separate thread to show people what movies are in and stuff.
    Go Hoosiers