Thread: Live from the Gutter.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Live from the Gutter.

Chapter 1

Miles tightened his jacket as he stepped outside the patrol car, the wind smacking against his face as he grimaced. He looked around, surveying the array of responders and reporters scattered across the field, bargaining for position as Officer Clay helplessly tried to set up the yellow tape.

Miles stuck his hands into his pockets as he started walking up the hill, readying himself for whatever unholy sight he was about to face. He picked up the first 'scent', the one that always stuck with him for the remainder of the case. It didn't matter how many cases he had worked, the sight and stench of dead bodies always haunted him, it was the part of the job he most dreaded.

"What do we got?" Miles' partner Harris asked flatly as he sniffed and wiped his nose with his hands.

"Two shots to the head on this one, one shot to that one. Both of them are 40 calibers based on the entry wounds," Rose answered as she read off her notes, "It looks like it's been at least a couple hours which puts TOD sometime this afternoon,"

"Drug related?" Miles asked.

"Isn't it always?" Rose scoffed as the trio moved closer to the two John Does.

"A lot of reporters here," Miles said as he examined the placement of the bodies.

"A couple kids found them," Rose sighed.

"That's perfect," Harris laughed, "That story damn near writes itself. 'Kids run into dead bodies as West Haven continues to become drug war zone'. This one's gonna be a bitch isn't it?"

"Yes, it will." Miles replied as he crouched down and tried to piece together what led to finding two bodies in the middle of a hill, "No ID on any of them?"

"Nope," Rose replied, "My first guess was robbery but the pockets weren't turned inside out and I'll get more from the lab but eyeballing it, it looks like execution style based on the bullet trajectory."

"Who executes someone in the middle of the suburbs in the middle of the day? Highly trafficked area too," Miles thought to himself out loud, "Let's say you and me have to execute someone, where will we go? You have the lake a few miles down there, you have the new construction site by East Pike but you decide to do it here, where you can't even tell if someone is coming up the hill?"

"You know I love it when you go Matlock on me," Harris interjected, "But can we do this like inside where it's not freezing?"

"It's not even that cold wimp," Rose shot back without looking up from her charts, "I don't really have much for you Detective, I might be able to pull some partials from the body but nothing you can really work on, sorry."

"Why can't we ever have the easy cases?" Harris shook his head before turning around and heading back to the car.

"What do you do when you're with a girl then?!" Stacy inquired as she looked at him strangely.

"She just tops me off," Josh replied proudly, "And then I beat it down, ain't no way I'm eating pussy. That shit is for mark ass busters that ain't used to fucking bitches."

"Any women will tell you that the tongue is mightier than the dick," she snapped back, "Something about a guy literally kissing your pussy just makes you melt, you be ready to give him your all ten times over. That's how I know you be messing with girls, not women."

"I fucked your ol' girl Stephanie the other day," Josh busted out laughing, "So you sure about that?"

"That bitch will fuck anyone," Stacy rolled her eyes, "That's why you can never get with me with your broke ass,"

"Can y'all shut the fuck up?" Sean turned around and yelled, "Damn, y'all always fucking talking about some stupid shit. Why don't y'all just fuck and get it over with?"

"She wishes," Josh smirked, "She can't handle this much long dick anyway! Have her running from that shit like a track star,"

"We all know you pile up your body count by fucking fat and ugly and desperate hoes Joshua," Stacy replied, "And don't ever insult me like that again Sean, what's wrong with you today? You've been giving everyone mad attitude today,"

Sean simply clenched his jaw and shook his head as he ignored Stacy's comments and looked at his phone. It was nearing 10 o'clock and still no word from Darren yet. He put his head down and ran his hands through his nappy locks before letting out a deep sigh as they continued to weather the dropping temperatures and increasing winds.

"He ain't showing up," Sean muttered to himself as he spat on the floor, "Another fifteen minutes and we roll,"

"Speak for yourself fam," Josh scoffed, "I'm tryna get paid word to mother. You might be able to survive another day without any bread but times is hard on this side motherfucker,"

"Just get Tae'quan to hold you over like he always does," Stacy suggested, "Well, he does for me. Your brother always takes care of me Josh and he's just how I like 'em too; tall, dark and handsome unlike your beige, kakhi looking ass."

"Light skins taking over anyway," Josh shot back, "But on some real shit, I ain't seen Quan in like two or three days. That motherfucker went ghost every since that shit popped off with Elijah and them."

"About fucking time," Sean said as a grey Sedan pulled up and rolled down the window in front of them, "What took y'all so long?"

"We ran into some shit," Darren answered bluntly as Sean leaned against the car as Stacy and Josh straddled along behind him, "Listen man, we don't got no food for y'all tonight."

"What?" Sean looked puzzled as Stacy and Josh joined him alongside the car, "You don't got no product for us?"

"It's been three fucking days my G," Josh chimed in, "Niggas is hungry out there, D."

"I already told y'all that we don't got nothing for y'all," Darren said defensively, "It ain't personal, we just can't fucking move our shit at the moment."

"What the fuck does that man?" Sean continued to inquire.

"That ain't ya motherfucking business," a voice from the back of the car said.

"Excuse me, who the fuck you talking to?" Stacy replied with an attitude as she stuck her head through the passenger window.

"Chill out," Sean tried to calm things by pulling Stacy away from the car.

"Where's my brother at?" Josh asked as he peeped inside the car to see if he was there.

"Listen man, we ain't got the shit. We can't fucking move it so therefore we don't fucking have it! When we can fucking move it, we'll let y'all niggas know but until then, stay low, stay tight and listen this shit clearly motherfuckers, don't go to West Haven. I don't care if you got premium pussy over there, if you got someone willing to buy a whole brick off you, you don't fucking go there until you hear from me that you can. You got that shit?"

Sean simply sucked his teeth before backing away from the car and putting his hands up in submission. Josh and Stacy continued to mutter amongst each other before Darren pulled off and sped down the driveway.

"What the fuck was all that about?"

"I don't know," Sean replied as he pulled out a cigarette, "But best believe I'm gonna find out,"
    Last edited by Soapy; 11-18-2015 at 1:40 PM.

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

#LetMileyTwerk #enterjameisjoke

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Soapy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    aaron hernandez did it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to djp73 For This Useful Post:

what kind of loser tries to execute someone with a .22?

JALEN DA GOAT

Xixak: Ewing was a fake ass superstar

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

really gonna name a character after me smh oh well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by djp73 View Post
    aaron hernandez did it
    ah ah ah.

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    what kind of loser tries to execute someone with a .22?
    ay ay i fixed that. 40 cal bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    really gonna name a character after me smh oh well
    he real doe.

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Chapter 2

"I'm sure he's fine," Stacy reassured Josh as they moved through the streets of Eastwoods, "He probably is with that dumb bitch,"

"You really need to stop hating on Maria," Josh replied as he turned around to face Sean, "Tell her Sean, she's good peoples."

"I wouldn't know," Sean answered flatly as he continued to remain focus on his phone.

"You used to be in love with her when we were little," Josh teased, which drew a laughter out of Stacy before Sean shot both of them a death stare.

"In all seriousness," Sean quickly changed the conversation, "We need your brother, we can't be going on like this."

The drought had now reach five days and both fiends and sellers were hungry. Sean knew he wasn't part of a well oiled machine and droughts were common but they typically lasted a day or two, usually due to either seized shipments or turf war. Even with a low level pusher like Darren, the product usually was always of decent grade and kept coming on a regular basis. It wasn't a sophisticated system but it worked and it kept mouth feds on this part of Eastwoods.

"He still ain't picking up his phone," Josh remarked as they walked up the steps and knocked on the door, "Wassup Maria, it's Josh and them."

The door slowly opened to reveal the sight of the brunette inside with a bump on her stomach, "What y'all want?"

"Little Joshua looking good in that piece," Josh joked as he tried to touch her belly but he slapped her hands away, "Excuse me! Where's my brother at?"

"I don't know," she quickly replied, "I was hoping you would know, bills need to be paid."

"When's the last time you seen him?" Sean asked as he forced his way inside, tired of waiting outside in the cold.

"A couple days ago," Maria replied after having a puzzled look on her face as the four of them walked inside the house, "What? You think I'm lying and want to look for him?"

"It's cold as a motherfucker," Josh answered, "We don't think you're lying or anything but like we really need Quan, we don't got no fucking food."

"Do I look like I can help you with that? Why don't you talk to Darren or something?"

"He doesn't have any either," Sean replied as he stood in front of her.

"That's weird," Maria replied, "I figured he went to re up when he showed up to pick Quan a couple nights ago,"

"You're just now mentioning this?" Stacy shot back.

"Excuse me little heffa," Maria defended herself, "What the fuck are y'all, the police? Anyway, I didn't think nothing of it since Darren usually picks Quan up every now and then at night to go re up."

"So you ain't seen my brother in a couple days and you're not even worried or anything?"

"Quan is a grown ass man," Maria sucked her teeth, "He probably fucking with his bitches up in West Haven, my girl told me she be seeing him over there."

Sean tried to piece together a possible scenario for where he could be. He wasn't necessarily worried about Quan's safety -- or cared -- but Quan was his lifeline to Darren who was their lifeline to Primo. If Quan stopped dealing in Eastwoods, it wouldn't be long before Darren started peddling Sean low grade material before ultimately cutting him off. He had seen happened to many crews before and he couldn't afford it to happen to him.

"Please tell me you have something good for me boss," Harris said as placed his bagel down and handed Miles a cup of coffee.

"I have IDs," he shrugged, "But that's about it, not even a partial anywhere else."

"Who do we have then?" Harris asked as he picked up the charts that laid next to the bodies.

"This one is Ricardo Gonzalez," he said pointing to one of the photo IDs sprawled across their desk, "and this one is Elijah Moore, both in the system."

"Narc?" Harris asked as he continued to read the autopsy results.

"From the looks of it," Miles replied, "Ricardo did some time in '08 for possession and Elijah's been in and out his whole life. Assault, battery, possession and even a gun charge when he was sixteen."

"You recognize any of them from your narc days?"

"No," Miles answered, "That was eight years ago, Harris, a lot of things change in eight years. Best I can tell, they're from Eastwoods so I can get a few of my contacts on the ground and try to get something. How did the interviewing go?"

"No one saw anything," Harris sighed, "I have a lady that lives about two blocks from the hill that says she saw a couple of black males in a gray Malibu parked near the hill but nothing solid. A couple people thought they heard gunshots but it being West Haven, they figured it wasn't actual gunshots, go figure."

"So why do we have two likely dealers in the middle of West Haven on a Tuesday afternoon?"

"They'd also stick out like a motherfucker," Harris scoffed, "An Hispanic and a black dude around West Haven? They're bound to be seen, no doubt about it. Especially with the bust that went down last month, no way they're going unseen."

"So why risk it? Let's say this was a hit, you can take them anywhere. Eastwoods is a few miles back but you don't want to shit where you eat, so I get that. You take him to West Haven and pop him there? On a hill where the body is bound to be seen? It doesn't add up,"

"Unless they wanted to be seen and send a message," Harris interjected, "We might be in a middle of a turf war boss,"

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Chapter 3

"I really don't like playing for that coach," Austin complained as they drove by the practice field, "He's such a dickhead to me,"

"You're lucky," Harris scoffed as the pulled around to the drop off area, "When I played ball we had coach Dixon, that guy was a true dickhead. I remember I had a C in a class once, benched me for my senior game. Didn't even walk out bro."

"Just put your head down son," Miles suggested as Austin grabbed his backpack and got out of the car, "I'll see you tonight, your mom is gonna pick you up."

"So what's the play today boss?" Harris asked as they pulled out of the school driveway.

"We're going to do some good old fashioned police work," Miles chuckled, "None of that sit up in an office all day that you're used to up in West Haven,"

"We're going down there huh?" Harris shook his head.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you rook," Miles laughed as he went down Road 10, "How many times in your life have you crossed the bridge?"

"Like three times," Harris replied, "The first time I went down there was for a game, we got whooped bad by them boys. You went to school down there, right?"

"Lived there all my life," Miles shrugged, "It wasn't this bad when I was coming up, now it's a goddamn war zone. Did a lot of good police work down there though so that should help,"

"You cleared it with the district down there?"

"They don't give a fuck," Miles chuckled, "They have their quota, they meet it. After that, they don't care if we built a new goddamn station next to theirs,"

"So what's the play then if they aren't going to help us?"

"I know someone that can help,"

Miles parked the car at a gas station and texted a number. After a few minutes, a tall, dark skinned girl walked up their car and stopped by the window.

"I see we're moving on up in the world aren't we Isaiah?" the girl said as she got into the backseat, "Who's the virgin?"

"Good to see you too Trace," Miles laughed as they pulled out of the gas station and drove down the street into a nearby alley, "That's my man, Malcolm."

"What happened to that other guy, Rob or Ron? This one look like he fresh out of day care,"

"He retired," Miles answered, "Got a new house and everything up the range in Rochester, I'll send him your regards."

"I know you ain't call me to small talk baby," Tracy interrupted him, "I get paid by the hour baby boy and time and half for two,"

The remark caught Harris off guard, drawing a loud laughter from both Tracy and Miles.

"He's new on the job," Miles explained, "You heard about the two that got popped?"

"Over West Haven?" Tracy nodded, "That shit got everyone spooked, can't do business there anymore without five-o running up on you,"

"The dudes that got killed," Miles pulled out the mugshot, "Recognize any of them?"

"Oh poor things," Tracy shook her head, "That's Elijah and Pretty Ricky, damn Ricky ain't even involved like that. I mean, Elijah's the real deal and all that but Ricky, he don't move like that. He one of them pretty boys, always worried about his curly hair and shit."

"Who does he run with?" Harris asked.

"I mean, everyone runs with Primo now," Tracy answered.

"Primo? Who's Primo?" Miles asked, puzzled that he didn't know who the top guys was.

After all, he had worked narcotics in Eastwood for ten years. He quickly ran through his notes, looking for anything regarding someone named Primo but couldn't find anything.

"You got a government for Primo?" Harris pulled out a notepad and started scribbling down.

"His last name Fernandez or Hernandez or something like that," Tracy tried to remember, "He used to run with Dutch and them,"

"Fernandez? You talking about Johnny Boy, Hector's little brother?"

"That's him all right," Tracy scoffed, "Don't let him catch you calling him that, he's too rough for my taste sweetheart."

"Ayo Quan is here!" one of the corner kids yelled as the rest of the block quickly got moving again.

Sean turned around to see what the commotion was all about, hoping that it was perhaps a re-up. When he saw Quan walking up to him, he let out a sigh of frustration as he was empty handed.

"Where's my food at man?" Sean said before they both dapped up.

"Nice to see you too motherfucker," Quan laughed, "I just came to show respects, I know you been hurting."

"We all been hurting," Sean scratched his head, "I got runners in the streets ready to push shit but I ain't got shit to push, how long I gotta wait?"

"Once Primo gives the okay to get the shipment we'll be straight," Quan reassured Sean.

"Where the fuck were you at man? We thought you might have been the one that got popped, your brother was fucking bugging out on me and shit."

"Don't worry about all that," Quan chuckled, "Just hold them niggas over for a few days and we'll be straight. This your block now, motherfucker, run that shit."

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Chapter 4

Sean adjusted his beanie as he threw his hoodie over his head, blowing into his hands as he walked up the apartment steps. He nodded to the group of likely high school kids straggling around the entrance of the building. He envied them, he envied their youth despite being just a few years senior. He passively listened to their conversation as he pressed the apartment number and awaited for the buzzer to go off.

"I really hope she ain't realize we had the same answers," one of them said, "I can't afford to fail another class,"

Sean couldn't help but crack a smile as the gate opened following the buzzer. He longed for the days that his grades were his worries. Looking back at it, school was fun. You spent all day with your friends and were given a free meal every day, not exactly the concentration camp that Sean and his friends made it out to be when they were kids. He kept his hands in his pockets and his eyes vigilant as he went up one staircase and walked down the hall.

"She's been asking about you," Terrell greeted him at the door.

"Shit's been hectic lately," Sean dapped him up and headed inside the apartment.

He took off his hoodie and sat in the kitchen as he took a deep breath, looking around the apartment to make sure everything looked up to par.

"If I knew you were coming I would have cooked you something," Terrell replied, "She's been having trouble with solids lately, takes too much energy I guess so I just heated up some soup. I can get you something if you're gonna stay,"

"Nah," Sean shook his head as he continued to stare at nothing, "She's been good?"

"She has her days," Terrell shrugged, "I mean, one day she's good and she can't stop talking and then there are days when she just wants to sleep."

"How's the pain?"

"Listen man," Terrell sighed, "I'm no doctor or anything but she can't keep going on like this. I give her the same exact dose you've been telling me but it ain't working. I mean, it used to but now, that shit don't even take her to sleep. I got no problem taking care of her man, I owe you and more than that, I really do love your moms and you know I got nothing but love for you. But man, she needs like real doctors."

"I hear you," Sean started to gather up his things, "Money's kind of tight right now, extra tight. I just need you to keep helping her deal with it until I can figure something out."

"You've been saying that for a few months now Sean," Terrell interrupted him, " She needs some help,"

"I know, I know. I just need to figure something out first,"

"This Primo dude is a certified bad ass," Harris scoffed as he tossed the file to Miles across their desk, "He's clean as a whistle but his name is quite popular. He's been either a suspect or a person of interest in over a dozen crimes, ranging from assault to possession, he even has a robbery linked to him. But nothing seems to stick with that guy,"

"You know what that means," Miles muttered without raising his head as he continued to read through the stacks of paper in front of him.

"He's smart?"

"That," Miles replied, "And he's got weight. I've dealt with a lot of smart guys, a lot of tough guys. None of them are this slippery, something typically sticks. It might be a domestic case or even a misdemeanor, they usually make a mistake here and there. Blow a casket at the wrong place, sell to the wrong guy, anything. Now, there's nothing here that say that a witness has gone missing or anything but I'll bet you my left nut that there's gonna be a whole lot of redacted statements,"

"I'll look into it," Harris nodded, "Did you find anything on the CCTVs?"

"Nothing that'll actually help," Miles groaned, "Most of the stores that even have cameras near the hill didn't catch anything suspicious. I can't find the gray Malibu that the Stevens saw at the time it happened so we're st...."

"Hello Gentlemen,"

"How you doing Chief?" Harris cleared his throat as he got up from his seat, drawing a death stare from the still sitting Miles.

"You can sit down Harris," Chief Rose chuckled as he leaned on their desk, "You got anything for me Detective Miles?"

"I didn't know you were on the case," Miles replied, "I thought one of the perks of being the commissioner is that you don't have to deal with all this minutia."

"Ha ha," Chief Rose laughed, "Well, one way or the other, we all got into this to solve crimes and make this city a safer place, am I right? Harris, what do you have?"

"Well sir," Harris nervously replied, "Ummm, we've got witnesses saying they saw a couple black males in a gray Malibu,"

"A couple? Two, three? Four, five? What year? Come on now guys, this isn't amateur hour."

"This is West Haven sir," Miles interjected, "People don't expect to be looking at potential suspects, they don't exactly remember every detail. As far as we can tell, it was an older model and we're talking three, four guys tops. If this was a hit job, and we don't know yet, they wouldn't be bringing more than four guys with them. Too easy to be spotted and if they are caught, the more guys that are there, the more guys that can flip."

"Any suspects?"

"We're looking into Jonathan Fernandez, goes by 'Primo' or 'Johnny Boy'. His older brother, Hector Fernandez, used to run the north side of Eastwood. From what we can tell, Fernandez isn't the type to put his hands into the dirt, he stays away. We're looking at several of his lieutenants so to say,"

"Good to hear," Chief Rose nodded as he started to walk away, "But not good enough detective, I hope you know that. You....we have no witnesses, no murder weapon and still no motive and we're past the 48 hour mark, come on now. Let's get it going fellas,"

"Yes sir," Harris said as Chief Rose left their area, "God damn, his daughter is so much nicer than him and she's kind of a dick too. Does he always do that?"

"Nope," Miles replied as he refocused his attention to the work at hand, "Only when dead colored bodies start showing up in his city,"

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Stand On Guard For Thee Captain Canada's Avatar

Soap is back! Just caught up an I'm already hooked. Keep it coming

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig