---------------------------------
    She fell in love, it fell apart... aight let go
    She met her match, I let her match
    She lit her match, she let me smoke
    Yeah me mad petty, Yeah me bogus
    Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah me know

"That mac and cheese sure smelling good right about now,"

Keisha smiled, much appreciative of her mother's approval as she took the large dish out of the oven and placed it on the stove top. It had taken her years and countless errors but she finally got her mother's famous cognac cream mac and cheese recipe down to the tee and it had quickly became one of her son's favorite dishes.

"The chicken should be ready any minute," she replied as she removed the gloves from her hand.

"I like what you did with the place," Keisha's mom continued to inspect the various aspects of the house, "There is a really good school for Day Day around here too,"

Regina, Keisha's mother, was skeptical about her daughter sudden urge to come back to Miami, especially since she had gotten her life together back in Alabama. Regina's step-brother had taken good care of both Keisha and Marcus during their time in Alabama and she wasn't sure why Keisha wanted to come back to Miami following her getting her degree. She had gotten a nice job following getting her degree at Alabama and with the drug game still ravishing most of Northeast Miami, she would of preferred that her daughter never came back.

"It's already starting to feel like home," she shrugged as she started to set up the table for three, "Day Day! The food is ready!"

Filled with energy, the six year-old raced down the steps, running full speed right into his grandmother's hands as she lifted him up.

"You just keep getting bigger and bigger," Regina placed him on his seat, "You'll be the one carrying me in a few years,"

Just as she placed him down, the bell rang.

"You expecting someone?"

"You the only person that knows where I live to be honest," Keisha scoffed as she turned the oven off.

"Don't worry about it," Regina motioned Keisha to sit down, "You get to eating with your boy, I'll get it. Who is it?"

"Ac.....Arnez," the voice on the other side said weakly, "Can I speak to Keisha?"

Regina opened the door and hugged Arnez, shutting the door behind him as she led him inside. "Woody's boy? Damn boy! You done grown up on me! Keisha, it's Arnez!"

Keisha rolled her eyes and she got up from the table after fixing Da'Sean a plate, "You didn't tell me you were coming,"

"I just thought I'd swing by real quick," Arnez said clearing his throat, "Good to see you too Ms. Jones,"

"Call me Gina honey," she insisted, "Why don't you come eat with us? We got more then enough food,"

"I...don't think so," he replied as he could sense Keisha disapproving of him even coming over, "I don't want to crash y'all plans or nothing,"

"Nonsense," Regina quickly got to setting him a plate and a seat at the table, "No way I'm letting you walk out of here without eating something,"

"I think he'll just get a plate to go," Keisha interrupted, "He's got somewhere to be."

"That's better then nothing," Regina chuckled as she started to pour food into a plate, "Where you stay by now?"

"I stay pretty close to Booker now," he replied, "I'll let my dad know you sent your wishes,"

"How is he these days? Heard he caught the big C,"

"Yeah," she handed him an overflown plate, "He's going to fight it though. He's got chemo in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the plate, Gina."

"No problem honey," she kissed him on the forehead before returning to the table with Da'Sean.

"You really shouldn't be here," Keisha led him outside, "How do you even know I live here?"

"People talk," he replied in his defense, "I just wanted to see how everything is and if you were alright,"

"Everything is good," she lightened her tone, "I just...don't like surprises and with you coming in with my mom in there, it's just not something I was expecting."

"I'm guessing she doesn't know what happened that night," he could feel a sense of guilt overtaking him, "No way she'd be all over me like that if she knew,"

"She just knows that S....that Sean got shot and Trey was there," she replied as she struggled to retain eye contact with him, "She doesn't even know I was there,"

"She know Sean the father?"

"Not hard to tell," she said with a chuckle, "She never got to meet him but she could tell from his parents that he was good people,"

"That's why I came over to talk to you actually," Arnez cleared his throat as he tried to muster up the courage to continue on, "We both know Sean ain't that baby's father,"

As soon as Arnez finished his sentence, she quickly slapped him. "Don't you fucking dare,"

"Come on Keish," he replied as he rubbed the side of his face, "That boy in there mine and you know it,"

"Don't come here again," she said as she started to walk away but Arnez held her arms.

"Keish I love you," he begged, "That's why I started tripping when I saw y'all together. I don't know, it pissed me off that you had tied it up with someone else but I'm telling you baby, we both know that baby mine. My daddy ain't the greatest person in the world but he ain't never walked out on what was his and I ain't about to do the same thing,"

"Let go of my hand," she said very calmly as she tried to ease the situation, "Leave me and my boy alone,"

"We could do a paternity test," he pleaded, "If I ain't the dad, I swear on everything that I won't call you, I won't come here, I won't even thinking about you no more if you don't want me to. But baby, I'm telling you, that baby is mine girl."

"It don't even matter if it's yours," she started tearing up, "You and your little homeboys almost ruined my life and I'm not turning back to that. Not with my baby,"

"I'm out the game Keisha. I ain't smoke in a year, I ain't even touch a bottle in six months. I don't even live with my pops anymore and real talk, we don't even talk about nothing but how's it going and we keep it moving. I don't associate with those people anymore Keish and as soon as I get my degree, I'm gone and I ain't never coming back. We could build something together and I don't expect you to take me back but damn girl, we'd be fools to let this opportunity get away from us,"

"That ain't enough for me," she replied as she started to wipe her tears, "I want him gone Arnez. That's why I was looking for Trey. I want that scumbag gone,"

"Who? Trey?"

"Whoever shot Sean," she replied cut-and-dry, "I want him dead."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Trey lifted his arm over his head and took a sniff. Not bad at all. He couldn't remember the last time he was so nervous as he knocked on the door, just wanting to get this up and over with. After hearing a little bit of commotion on the other side, he was pleasantly surprised when a light-skinned girl opened the door.

"Come on in," she said as she placed her hand on his shoulder, "You must be Trey. Chris has told me a lot about you,"

"Hopefully good things," he replied as he chuckled at her calling him Chris, "You have a very nice home,"

"You both know how to sweet talk and let a woman hear all the things she wanted to hear," she playfully scoffed as she led him into the kitchen area, "It ain't much but we try to make it work,"

"A lot better then what it would be if it was just JuJu," he smirked, "Or Chris,"

"I don't like the name JuJu," she shrugged, "If I really want to bug him, I call him Christopher,"

"But you know better then that," JuJu said with a smile as he appeared from the bedroom, "Little man, this right here is my wife Cherry. Cherry, this little man."

"My dad was big into reggae so he named me after Cherry Smith," she quickly added.

"Had he known better, he would of named you something else because with a name like Cherry, he was just begging for the boys to come running."

"Come on now baby," she scoffed, "The food is ready,"

They all sat around the table as Cherry started to take the food from the oven and place it on the table. Having just finishing working the corner the entire day, Trey quickly dove into his meal.

"So Trey, how's it been since you got out?"

"Just trying to make ends meet," he said as he dug his head out from his plate, "Just working,"

"She knows little man," JuJu chuckled, "She knows everything,"

"Chris told me you're working with Greezy now," she chimed back in, "That must be tough with everything that went down,"

"Not really," he shrugged even though she was right, "Sometimes somebody gotta take the rap and my time was up. I did my time, kept the crew out of trouble and now he helping me back on my feet. Cycle of life when you think about,"

"I told you this boy was smarter than a mug man," JuJu chewed on his wings, "He gonna get on his feet, make his money and get the fuck out,

"Same for you too Chris," she quickly rained on his little speech, "The drug game just not the type of life I envision for us,"

"The drug game pay them bills though," JuJu slightly raised his voice before realizing he was in midst of company, "Trey still got a life ahead for him but me? I'm damn near 30 with no job experience and a record. Where they hiring niggas like me? Uh? That's why my man over there gotta get out as soon as he can,"

"So as long as the bills getting paid, you don't care about getting shot? About me being by myself? How about when your time gets called up to take the sheet, I'm supposed to be by myself? What if turf gets overstepped on and I'm worrying about catching a bullet every time I walk the street with you?"

"It don't got to be like that," Trey interrupted her, "We don't got to shoot each other just to make some money. Millions of dollars get made every day up in Wall Street and those niggas are ruthless, vicious but they don't kill each other. They don't run up on each other. Everybody got they own little game running, they own little schemes and they making that bread. Everything else in America gets sold without niggas getting shot, why not drugs?"

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

#LetMileyTwerk #enterjameisjoke

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    make the money, don't let the money make you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djp73 For This Useful Post:

nobody readin no mo bruh

5. The Following User Says Thank You to djp73 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    so who is the truth in all this?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Baze For This Useful Post:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to djp73 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    wow i had an update ready and everything but wow.

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

lie
    Fresh Wounds
    Picked up a girl been tryin to fuck since the twelfth grade
    It's ironic, I had the blunt she had the chronic
    The Lakers beat the Supersonics
    I felt on the big fat fanny
    Pulled out the jammy, and killed the punanny
    And my dick runs deep, so deep, so deep
    put her ass to sleep

Trey looked over at his attire, a little dissapointed in what he had picked out. He didn't want to overdress so he decided to wear a collared shirt and some khakis but once he showed up to the restaurant that she had picked out, he was clearly under dressed. He looked at his watch, thinking about whether or not he would have enough time to rush back home and change but it was at least an hour drive back-and-forth and he was already running late. He sheepishly walked up to the front desk, still feeling out of place as people donning suits and ties walked past him into the seating area.

"Table for two," he said as he cleared his throat.

"Are you Mr. Barnes?" the lady behind the desk asked, "Ms. Wright is expecting you. Follow me,"

Trey nodded as she followed him through the mazes of chairs and table, everyone's attention drawn to the tall, dreaded black men walking through the luxurious restaurant. He didn't belong there, he was the piece that didn't fit into the puzzle.

"Trey," said the familiar face as she got up from her seat, "You look great,"

"Not as good as you do though," Trey couldn't believe his eyes as Candace looked even better then she did when they were younger.

"Have a seat," she said as she handed him the menu, "The seafood in this place is amazing,"

"You come here often?" He asked, puzzled by it's location.

"It's just a ten minute drive from my job," she said as she took a sip of water, "I have lunch here all the time,"

"You live in Broward now? What happened to Miami girl for life?"

"The real world happen," she chuckled, "My dad got me a job here once I graduated from college and while Fort Lauderdale isn't exactly the Miami life, it's a good paying job and it's not all that bad,"

"Why'd you stop writing?" Trey was tired of all the small talk already and he came here to get answers.

"I-I don't..."

"Those letters, they kept me going. I never told you that but they did. I mean, at first I didn't like them so much because there were so many and I hated thinking about you being out there and me being stuck here but after a while, they were what kept me going every day, you know? I'd read them at night and once they stopped coming, I just couldn't go to sleep. The worst part of the night was the crying, you know? So much crying. Not everyone in my section was a hardened criminal, shit, some of them were innocent so the first few nights there, they'd cry every night. It wasn't even like crying because they were scared or something, nah, I recognized that crying. It's the same way I remember my mom crying when my dad died or my mom crying when my brother went to jail. It's like there's not future, there's no hope and all there's left to do is cry. Try to cry away the pain, the sorrow. Yeah, prison was pretty scary and you didn't know if your day was coming every time you walked through a dark corner but the worst was just the hopelessness. The fact that tomorrow you'd wake up and do the same thing over and over again. Whether you wanted to or not,"

"I'm really sorry," her voice cracked as she tried to maintain her composure, "But I just needed to move on. Not everyone messed up that night Trey and once I got to college, it was time for me to let go. I thought you'd understand,"

"You couldn't write, visit? How about when you got back from college, still wasn't worth your time?"

"Don't your dare blame me," Candace tried to keep her voice low, "You're the one that was selling drugs and got caught, not me! So don't you dare try to guilt me into feeling bad for you. You fucked up and you paid the consequences. You wanted to cut the corners and make some easy money and you got caught, that's the risk you took."

"So all this time, I was just a phase? I fucked up, like you wasn't there? You sure didn't mine me cutting the corners when you had the brand new Michael Kors every fucking month,"

"Look where that got you," she said as she crossed her arm, "You need to accept that you messed up and now look at you; probably broke, homeless and without a job."

"Are you guys ready to order? Tonight's special wine is....,"

"Actually I'm good," Trey got up and took out a wad of hundred dollar bills, "Her tab is on me,"

.................................................. .................................................. ........................

"Hoes love when you put that thumb right in there man," Juju joked as he took the last hit, "Trey probably getting hard right now since he ain't even sniff pussy in damn near seven years,"

"Cherry took care of that for me last night after dinner," Trey shot back as he backed away from Juju's incoming punch to the ribs, "You getting slow old man. That's why Cherry need some young thunder like me. You go one round and you already squeezing on the pillow, knocked the fuck out."

"Good pussy do got you knocked out after one round," Greg chimed in, "I was in some pretty thing last night and boy, I was talking all type of shit. Like some all-night long type shit, right? Telling her I'm gonna make her weak and shit. Four minute tops my nigga!"

"Y'all stupid, Trey stomped out his half-lit cigarette, "Look at college boy over here,"

Arnez dapped everyone up before motioning for Trey to come walk with him on the street.

"Street looking light tonight man," Trey ran his hand through his hair, "What you doing out here?"

"You were right man," Arnez said as he kicked some rocks on the ground, "That baby ain't Sean's. I'm a damn dad Trey,"

"Shit's crazy man," Trey lit another cigarette and blew the smoke into the windy night, "What you going to do about that?"

"I don't know man," Arnez shook his head, "I mean I got my life together you know, working and going to school but she's tripping man,"

"Just work her over man. Nobody wants to raise their kid by themselves and after she calms down, she'll let you in."

"Not that simple," Arnez replied, "She wants him dead, yo. She wants Greezy gone,"

"She wants what?"

"She wants him dead yo, told me flat out. Only reason she came back was because she wants him gone man,"

"This ain't fucking GTA," Trey scoffed, "She think we just walk up and kill niggas now? Calm her the fuck down,"

"Why not though? Greezy the reason you did six year in the bid," Arnez complained, "He the reason all our lives got fucked up. He the reason that that boy's name is fucking Da'Sean when I'm the goddamn daddy, it ain't fucking right Trey!"

"Lower your damn voice," Trey looked over his shoulder to make sure no one overheard them, "I'll see what I can do but for now, tell Keisha to calm down. And you need to calm the fuck down. You don't talk to no one about this and make sure Keisha know that too and let me handle this."

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    woah...we seeing the end of Greezy? WHAT A TWIST

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Baze For This Useful Post:

Stand On Guard For Thee Captain Canada's Avatar

Greezy can get popped anytime now, fuck that clown.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

lie
    Backdoor Deals
    Friend or foe yo, state your biz
    Ya tend to dough, ah, there it is
    Me, I run the show, oh, and these kids
    Don't like nobody commin around here fuckin wit they doe for shit
    You enterprisin though,
    And I like it
    But fuck with the big dogs though, I gotta bite ya,
    Look, its out of my hands
    And you gettin money round here, its not in the plans
    So hop yo ass out of that van, head back to kansas

"Go 'round the corner," Trey commanded to his latest customer as he shoved the crumpled bills into his pocket.

He looked back and signaled to Greg that another sale had gone down and to let everyone in the back know that another customer was ready to be served. The days had come and gone since he left prison and while being outside was nothing compared to the hell he just escaped, he was once again numb to time. Trey would wake up around eight, grab something to eat at Mickey D's and be working the corner until night. Every once in a while he'd get Joaquin or JoJo to take over for him for a couple of hours, but most of the time, he'd be on that same exact corner, handling the money and keeping lookout for 5-0.

"Oye," said an unfamiliar face that walked up to Trey, "I'm looking for Greezy,"

Trey examined the man standing in front of him, asking him where his boss was. His accent definitely gave away that he was Hispanic, probably Cuban or Columbian, something that quickly raised his eyebrow. Woody had taken over the whole block, with his crew being the only main sellers from 20th all the way to 29th street, pushing most of the Hispanics back into mid-town.

"I'd advise you get to stepping man," Trey didn't even bother to look him in the eye as he continued to look around, making sure he wasn't being set up.

"Tell him Maurico is here," the man responded, "He'd be very upset if he was to miss this meeting,"

Trey shook his head and motioned the man to follow him. He had a lot on his mind, least of which was the fact that his best friend wanted his boss, and he wasn't trying to start nothing. He led him inside the house, avoiding passing near the kitchen and into the main bedroom, where Greezy had turned into his office of sorts.

"This nigga Mauricio say he want to meet you,"

After a few seconds, Greezy opened the door and sized Maurico up. "He good,"

Trey stepped back from the door and let Mauricio in before Greezy shut the door behind him. Trey took a seat next to the door, happy to get out of the scorching sun and finally be able to sit down after working all morning.

"We only talking about a few kilos," Trey overheard them talking inside.

Kilos? Despite being out the game for six years, Trey knew that there was no way that Woody would sign off on selling or buying from any kind of Latinos. He had battled with the Columbians for this prime real-estate, killing several Colombian king-pins in cold blood, earning him the nickname Ice. Trey leaned in on the door, curious on what was doing down.

"Oye papa look at it this way. Y'all shit keep getting weaker and weaker and eventually they gonna turn to me 'cuz I have that good stuff," the man with the heavy Hispanic accent reasoned, "You keep your rep, you keep getting paid and we supply you but I gotta get more then 50/50. That ain't right,"

"Ain't right? Motherfucker I'm the one with the soldiers on the street pushing that weight. 50/50 a fucking bargain if you ask me,"

"You know I got the man power to come in here and take over this whole entire shit. I'm doing you a fucking favor because I ain't tryna be like my dad. We just want a piece of the cake,"

"Front us the first couple and we'll pay you back within the month and that's on everything. We see how much money is being made and we can think of something long-term,"

Trey backed away from the door and started walking outside, lighting his cigarette as he heard the open. They said their goodbyes but Trey kept his eyes fixed on the door as he opened it and stepped outside. Maurico walked past him, sizing him up before placing his hands in his pocket and pulling out his phone.

"You don't look like you from 'round here," Trey chimed in, "Ain't seen you before,"

"I ain't seen you before either," the man shot back, whispering something under his breathe before walking to his car.

"I wouldn't get into business with Greezy if I were you," Trey said nonchalantly as he walked up to Maurico's side.

"What makes you say that?"

"Niggas like him got a shelf-life," Trey responded as they started walking down the street and away from everyone else, "I did six year in the bid because he got trigger happy over some high school drama bullshit,"

"And you are?"

"Trey," he answered as he shook his hand , "Greezy's too dumb for that shit y'all was talking about. He only think about eating today, getting paid today. The day you ain't got enough to supply or the day yo' shit come out weak, he gonna come out gun-blazin' and start shit. He don't think about the big picture,"

"I'm assuming you do," Maurico replied as they got to his car, "I'm also assuming that you got something to tell me,"

"This shit is icing on the cake," Trey argued, "We got too much fiends and not enough dope, we ain't never gonna have too much dope. You only gotta sell it 90 on the dollar and we gonna pay up-front on some real gangster shit. You also don't got to worry about me shooting kids over nothing. Remember the drug-deal gone bad shit over on 20th that had everyones Mom wearing a shirt saying 'Stop Drug Violence'? That was him and that motherfucker wasn't even skimming him or nothing, was just two kids fighting over some pussy and he killed that nigga. He ain't reliable,"

"Your plan of sorts doesn't seem to involve Greezy," Maurico chuckled, "What makes you think you'll take over? I ain't never seen you around here,"

"I did six year for Ice," Trey responded, "He owes me big time and he knows it. I ain't had to do those six years either, could of just said that Greezy shot him and I would of walked. I'm already the one handling the money and every time he wanna talk about some new shit about how to package or move the dope, he always talking to me about it. No way Ice gonna pass over me and give it to somebody else,"

"So you really want me to take out Greezy?" Trey nodded without even thinking about it, "Y'all negros cold,"

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig