Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Devil is a Lie.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    lie
    ---------------------------------
    New Beginnings

Trey blew air into his cupped hand as the temperature dipped below sixty, unusual even for a January night. He threw a hoodie over his head as the wind kept hitting him in the face, each breeze starting to feel like a right hook to his jawline. He didn't like working corners but he knew he had to start back from the bottom before he could orchestrate his own dope. He was now just another part of Greezy's delivery system, giving the signal to up-top that a sale had just gone through and to deliver the goods around the corner. It was grunt work but it kept him away from the product so he didn't have to worry about getting caught with dope on him.

"Let me hold a baggie corner man," whispered someone out of Trey's sight as he turned around, "Didn't think the rumor was true,"

"If you ain't got money on you get the fuck outta here partna'," Trey had no time for favors, especially not around these wee-hours into the night.

"You really don't remember me, ugh?" he sighed as he pulled out a twenty from his pocket, "I'm Dwayne, I use to rock with Sean back in the day."

Trey took a step back, looking around to see if he had any means of escaping. He had turned down Greezy's offer to hold a piece on him but now he regretted. He knew sooner or later someone would come looking for him, asking for answers about what happened that night but not on his first night working the streets.

"Relax," Dwayne said with a chuckle as he lit a cigarette, "I know that ain't yo style, yous a good dude. The worst kept secret around here is that Greezy shot Sean,"

"I don't know what you talking about," Trey had stuck to a version of the story for six years and he wasn't going to change it now, "I was inside smoking when all that happened,"

"Everybody know that Sean came to cop some weed for that hoe Keisha and he got shot over dumb shit," Dwayne shook his head, "Sean wasn't from around here so he was probably real jumpy and that nigga Greezy shot him,"

"If that's the case, why you coping dope from Greezy?"

"He got the whole block locked down," Dwayne said as he let out a cloud of smoke in front of Trey's face, "Nowhere else to cop man, Ice shut the shit down. When I heard you was back running 27th now, I figured you'd still be giving niggas a little bit extra on the top like you use to back in the day."

"That was back when I ran my own shit," Trey replied with a light chuckle, "Now I'm just another nigga on these streets tryna' eat, 'saying?"

"I feel you," Dwayne slapped the twenty dollar bill into Trey's palm, "But I've been watching you since you was jit. You're a leader, you just a natural born leader. Ain't no way you just going to be just one of Greezy's niggas for long. When you do decide to run your own shit, let a nigga know and we can work something out. You know, maybe let me hold a few Os and shit and let a nigga get paid, you feel me?"

"Word," Trey replied, avoiding eye contact with Dwayne as he turned around and faced the house behind him and gave the signal, "Go around the corner,"

Trey cleared his throat as Dwayne walked past him, feeling like he owed Dwayne an apology for everything that had happened. Dwayne was right though; he wasn't satisfied with being just one of Greezy's crew members, he wanted more. At first, he thought he'd be satisfied with just working the corner and eventually being happy with running things with Greezy, but the more he thought about, the more he wanted to have Greezy work for him. He liked running his own operation; hitting up parties, setting up deals and just having his own stuff. Now he was part of Woody's crew and worst then that, he was part of Greezy's crew.

A couple minutes passed before Trey signaled to the couple of dudes behind him that he was off for the night before getting into his car. He let the car warm up for a bit before pulling out from the side of the road and driving up 27th. He leaned his head against the window as he mindlessly drove around, subconsciously knowing where he was heading to. After ten or so minutes, he parked on the side of the street and sat in his car. What was he doing here? He knew damn well what he was doing there. He got out and threw his hoodie over his head before crossing the street.

He wandered around for a minute, looking at each name before landing on the one he was looking for. Sean Leonard Williams. In God's Loving Care. November 18, 1994 - February 5, 2013. Letters of acceptance from Princeton and Brown donned the tombstone along with flowers, letters and various other gifts that people brought to his grave over the past six years. Trey wondered what Sean's future would look like had he simply decided to stay in his car that night. He probably would be a doctor or a lawyer by now, getting ready to become a major partner at a firm or running his own department at a hospital. Trey didn't know Sean well but he knew enough of him to know that he had a bright future. Until that night. He was the one that was suppose to be six-feet deep with a Bible verse under his name and flowers on top of his grave. Every Sunday, his home boys should of been the ones coming over, pouring a 40oz over his grave and smoking one up for him. But instead, Sean was the one that caught the bullet and was six feet deep while Trey was left to pick up the rubble of his life.

Trey could feel the weight of the world on his shoulders as he crumbled to his feet and started sobbing. He had blamed everyone around him for what happened but now standing in front of Sean's grave, he felt like he was to blame. He was the one that decided to get into business with Woody, putting Arnez and him in a hostile situation. No matter how he shaped the situation, he was responsible for what had happened that night.

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

#LetMileyTwerk #enterjameisjoke

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Trey gonna keep it up or turn things around?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to djp73 For This Useful Post:

Superstar

trey a hustler fo life

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redsox907 For This Useful Post:

lie
    Small World

She wiped her forehead with the sleeve of her shirt, dumbfounded by the February heat. Her home for the past six years was no Antartica, but nothing compared to that Miami sun blazing on her golden brown skin as she continued to unpack her things. Even with all that, it was good to be back. It was good to be home, even if home didn't quite feel like home yet. She unloaded the last of her bags inside the house before locking the car and pulling down the garage door. It was a nice home; a one story building with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. She had already made plans to turn the office space into a little play-house for the most important person in her life.

"I know you're hungry baby," she picked him up and laid him on her shoulder, "You keep getting heavier and heavier by the day,"

She looked around the house, content with the way it was looking. At least for now. It wasn't quite home yet and she knew eventually she'd need the backing of a man but for now, she was just happy to be independent and providing for herself. They both exited the house throughout the garage door and got in the car as the child stopped crying, much to her relief.

She drove around for a minute, trying to see how much her hometown had changed over the years. Fortunately, the McDonald's restaurant was still in the same corner as she went through the drive-thru, happy to be able to stifle his hunger. She counted the street numbers in her head as she continued to drive up the road, looking for that magic number. She turned on the corner before stopping near some kids huddled around each other and rolled down her window.

"Y'all know where Trey is?" she asked with a bit of a southern drawl.

"He don't live here no more ma'am," replied seemingly the eldest, "He live in that house by Booker now on 24th,"

She thanked him with a $5 bill before rolling her window back up. She looked back at her child in the backseat who was quite enjoying every bit of his fries. A smile crept up on her face as their eyes locked and his lit up. He was what filled her up now, what made her keep going. Relying sole on her memory, she busted a U-turn and turned up the road on 27th, driving real slow as she tried to recognize any familiar faces. She spotted his '89 Ford Thunderbird and parked next to it, letting out a chuckle as she couldn't believe that he was still driving that old junk. She unfastened her kid's seat belt from the back-seat and held his hand as he jumped out of the car, excited to show off his athletic prowess.

"Keisha?"

She turned around and her jaws nearly touched the floor as she faced the person that called out her name.

"Ace," she said as she instinctively used her hand to block off her kid, "Didn't think I'd see you here,"

She must of known. She just wanted to convince herself that her coming back to Miami had nothing to do with him and that she was just coming back home. She always felt that her attraction to Ace was what got Sean killed and she had done her best to suppress her feeling for Ace but nothing worked as she would sometimes wake up in her sleep, drenched in sweat from dreaming about him and their time together.

"I didn't know you came back," Arnez quickly noticed the kid behind her, "Good-looking kid you got over there,"

"His name is Da'Sean," she could feel herself emphasizing Sean, "I just came by to see Trey,"

"Trey?" Arnez was puzzled, "He's over by Gr....He won't be back for a while,"

"I see," Keisha didn't know what to do, "I guess I'll come back another time Ace."

"Hold up," he gently grabbed her wrist, "I go by Arnez now,"

"Go figure," she scoffed, "You think you can change your name and act like nothing ever happen?"

"It's not even like that Keish,"

"Don't fucking Keish me," she calmed herself down as she noticed the widening of her son's eyes, "Every time I look at him, I think about that night. Y'all robbed him of his father Ace or whatever the fuck you go by now."

"That night wasn't supposed to end like that," Arnez pleaded, "Things got out of hand but let's be real, what the hell was I supposed to do? He's the one that attacked me and believe me Keish, I think about every second of what happened every time I close my eyes. All I--all we can do is try to move on and that's I'm doing. I'm getting my degree, I'm busting my ass in school, work and I ain't even come close to that weed since that night. I changed my life around Keisha,"

"Well, it's too late now."

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Superstar

wonder why Keisha is going to see Trey hmmmm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to redsox907 For This Useful Post:

Stand On Guard For Thee Captain Canada's Avatar

Keisha needs to lay off Ace, he's real now. Glad to be caught up, this is picking up Soapy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

lie
    Reasonable Doubt
    I hear Brenda's got a baby
    But Brenda's barely got a brain
    A damn shame, the girl can hardly spell her name

The smell of Menthols and cheap perfume filled the house as Trey stepped outside, satisfied with what he had put in for the day. Even as a rather low-level grunt, Trey had the corner buzzing once again as his sales tactic worked to greatness. His face was much more kinder then the rest of Greezy's crew, which just oozed fear and intimidation. Trey had the inept ability to sell sand to a man living in the desert. Whether it was his welcoming smile or deep eyes, people felt comfortable around Trey and they knew that if they needed a hook-up, he was the man to go to.

A part of him died every time he saw one of his old customers from back in high school on the streets, scrapping up bills for their next fix. Woody had brought crack cocaine back into Northeast Miami, making over ten thousand dollars of profit every month just from the 27th off the sell of crack. That yay gave them guaranteed customers, as they came back day after day, whether the stuff was weak or not. Trey always looked out for his loyal customers, making sure their stuff wasn't mixed with anything else and that they got the top shelf stuff.

"You put in work today," Greezy took a seat next to Trey on the bench and slapped him some bills, "A little something extra,"

"Good look," Trey never looked him in the eye as he continued to wandered off into space.

"You need anything else?"

"Actually," Trey turned his head to face him, "You can just keep this and give me some chronic. One of my boys from high school hosting a party tonight,"

"Don't worry about that," Greezy pushed Trey's hand away, "Shit's on the house. I usually got my own personal collection at the crib so just tell Ray to let you hold an ounce or two,"

Trey dapped Greezy up before standing back up and going back in the house to cop the weed. He got in and out as quickly as he could, not liking the smell nor the atmosphere inside the house. It wasn't his corner so he had no say, but he definitely foresaw most of Greezy's crew ending up in the dog pound or locked up, they just didn't know how to conduct businesses. Most of them were young-heads, high school drop outs who thought working the corner was all fun and games; smoking weed inside the house and fucking the kitchen girls. It made Trey uneasy that everyone in the house except for him carried a piece and that was just a recipe for disaster, considering that they were high and drunk most of the time.

Trey stuffed the bag into the glove compartment before rolling out, glad to be able to put an end to his day. Working for Greezy was a lot better then jail but Trey wasn't an ordinary working man and the fact that the person sole responsible for him still working the corner was his boss didn't make it any better.

"Glad I caught you outside," Trey lowered his window as he stuck his head outside, "Come with me,"

Arnez shook his head before flicking his cigarette into the ground and stomping it out. "Where we going?"

"I'm going to go make a sale real quick," Trey answered as Arnez got into the car, "I ain't never been to where I'm going so I ain't trying to go out there by myself,"

"You really think carrying right now is a good idea?" Arnez opened the glove compartment and shook his head, "Who the hell you selling to anyway that you couldn't hook up on the corner?"

"You remember that cat from high school? Basketball player named Dwayne? He use to fuck with...Sean and shit," Trey hesitated before saying his name, "He promoting a party tonight and told me to come through and money will get made,"

"Greezy ain't paying you good?"

"The pay whatever," Trey shrugged, "But I ain't living at my moms crib no more and I ain't trying to stay all up in yo' business for much longer. Gonna get me a crib near the 'burbs and just be able to chill out after work and don't go to listen to no damn sirens,"

"The burbs? Fuck outta here nigga," Arnez couldn't stop himself from laughing, "Tremaine Barnes, member of the neighborhood watch. On some real shit, five years from now, please tell me you're not about to be still flipping birds on the street."

Trey didn't answer as they pulled up the culdesac. It was obvious that there was a party going on as the music broke the silent night and occasional screams and hollers were heard. Trey pulled out his phone and texted Dwayne that they were outside and two minutes later, Dwayne was already on his way to their car.

"I didn't think you would of shown up," Dwayne nodded towards Arnez in the passenger seat, "I got buddy over there willing to pay two hundred for two Os,"

"That's fucking music to my ear," Trey smiled as he pulled out the two Ziploc bags from the glove compartment, "You need to stay coming through,"

"It's them white kids man," Dwayne said as he signaled one of the guys standing by the curb to come get the bag, "They don't know jack shit up man."

"Good doing business with you," Trey dapped Dwayne up, "If you need anything else, you got my number yo."

"We could skim a few from this and go smoke out in the back," Dwayne insisted, "These kids don't know how to party man,"

"I don't know about all that partna'," Trey rejected, "That work on the streets be leaving me tired as fuck,"

"I feel you. Least you could do is drop me off back home, what'd you say? I just made you two hunna, easy money!"

Trey looked at Arnez who simply shrugged, "Fine with me,"

The car was silent for a while as no one knew what quite to say anymore. Trey had build a relationship with Dwayne ever since he came back but it was mainly strictly business, with Trey skimming a couple dimes from Greezy and selling it to Dwayne on nearly twice market value who would make a profit from selling it to kids in the suburbs at damn near three times the rate. However, there was still quite an underlying tension as Trey was partially responsible for Sean's death, who was Dwayne's best friend.

"You ain't never gonna believe who I saw the other day by your crib," Arnez finally decied to break the silence, "Keisha man."

"Keish?"

"The one with the fat ass and big titties that Sean use to mess with?"

"She lost a couple pounds though," Arnez re-pictured seeing her in his mind, "She lost more than a couple pounds. She looking real nice man,"

"I ain't never looked at her the same after that time man," Trey chuckled, "She was down for anything dog,"

"Is is true y'all two ran a train on her? Sean had to hear about that from everyone man."

"Arnez over there was ball-hogging her though," Trey punched Arnez in the arm, "But once I had her all to myself, boy, that shit was good. She's a certified freak man,"

"She looked real clean up now man," Arnez thought about how she reacted to seeing him, "She had a brand new car, fly clothes and everything man. She even got a baby now,"

"Some sucker back from wherever she went probably paying that child support," Marcus chimed in.

"Actually.....it's Sean's kid man," Arnez could feel himself choking up, "Nigga would of probably made a great father too. Fucking lawyer or some shit,"

"How you know it's Sean's kid? She told you that?" Trey inquired, making sure he covered all of his bases.

"The kid look like he about six years old and his name is Da'Sean so I figured that it's that niggas baby,"

"Ain't no way that's his kid yo," Dwayne let out a light chuckle, "No fucking way,"

"What make you say that? I mean, he don't really look like him but motherfucker still a jit. The timeline matches up and everything,"

"It can't be his kid because Sean never had sex," Dwayne thought about all the scheme he had put together to get Sean laid, "That boy never got no pussy man,"

"They was going together and shit," Trey tried to add it up, "And if I know Keisha, ain't no way she claiming someone as her man if he ain't tapped yet,"

"Look, that boy told me everything. I mean everything! He got some head from here, he ate her out but that was it! He ain't never got no pussy from her,"

"You said the kid about six years old? That mean she probably was pregnant before she even left Miami," Trey looked straight at Arnez.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Stand On Guard For Thee Captain Canada's Avatar

Baby Daddy Trey, I bet money.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

Superstar

Greezy going to find out that Trey been skimming dimes off him, ain't gonna be happy

and bet she doesn't know whos baby. either arnez or trey since they were both hitting it on the same night.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to redsox907 For This Useful Post:

soapy you slippin' bruh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to djp73 For This Useful Post: