Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Devil is a Lie.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Devil is a Lie.

lie
    ---------------------------------
    Homecoming

He could feel his legs trembling as he took a step forward, waiting for the gates to open. He promised himself he wouldn't look back but he couldn't fight the urge and he turned around and looked at the dull, fenced filled building. Maybe it wasn't that bad after all. No, it was that bad he reminded himself as the gates finally opened and nothing stood in between him and the rest of the masses. A smile crept up upon his face as he spotted a familiar face leaning against a car, his car.

"I told you I kept this bad boy in shape," his friend said with a smirk as he tossed him the keys, "You driving yourself home today Trey,"

For the first time in six years, Trey was glad something was being thrown in his face. He examined the car, satisfied with it's mint condition. It was nothing much, but the 89' Ford Thunderbird was the only thing that linked Trey to his father and he wasn't ready to give it up, especially not after the past six years. He revved the car up, bringing a huge smile to his face.

"Not bad Ace," he said with a light pat on his friend's chest, "This is not bad at all,"

"I told you I kept this thing looking good," he responded, "By the way, I go by Arnez now. I didn't say anything when you were inside but yeah, I dropped the whole 'Ace' thing after what happened,"

"That's good," Trey replied as he pulled the car out of the parking lot, "I think,"

"Everybody think Ace, and they think of my dad and the gang. I told you, I'm a new man."

"That's good to hear," Trey replied as he was just happy to be back on the outside, "This shit is for the birds man. What else changed that you didn't tell me?"

"Candace is in Lauderdale now," Arnez said as he tried to judge Trey's reaction, "She's doing real good the last time I saw her. She asked about you and told me to give her your number when you go out,"

"Did all those people that didn't visit me know they could? I can count the amount of people that dropped by in one fucking hand man," Trey replied as he could feel the frustration building up inside of him.

The hardest part of prison wasn't the constant fear that followed you every minute of the day and everywhere you went. It was the fact that everyone's life kept on moving, as if he never existed. Sure, people wore 'Free Trey' shirts and he became a popular ad-lib amongst the local rappers, demanding his freedom but for the most part, life went on without him. Ace had become Arnez now, Candace opened up a new chapter in her life and the South Side kept on pushing without him, sometimes he wondered if people forgot he even existed.

Trey pulled up to his old neighborhood, passing by a group of kids who looked on, not knowing that he use to be in their shoes; innocent, pure. He slowed down as he passed by his house and could feel his eyes starting to swell up. He sniffed before accelerating, hoping to push the pain and anguish away. Not much had changed since he was last here.

"I figured you'd want to talk to him," Arnez said with a sigh as Trey stopped the car in front of Woody's house, "I'll wait outside."

Trey simply nodded before opening the car door and walking up the porch steps, reminiscing of the night he brought Arnez home drunk, leading to his first encounter with Woody. What if they hadn't gone out that night? What if Trey simply brought the drunken Arnez to his own house instead of here? Trey shook his head as he knocked on the door, deciding that that way of thinking had no up side. He couldn't change the past so the only thing he could do was shape his future.

"My boy Trey!" Woody swung the door open and bear hugged Trey, nodding to Arnez in the car.

"I figured I'd stop by on my first day back," Trey replied, taking a seat on the very same couch he sat in six years ago.

Woody had aged, drastically. His slicked back hair was now turning grey and his face was wrinkled and looked worn out. He had always been a man of swagger and presentation, always wearing a suit and tie but now he don a simple oversize stained white t-shirt and sweats.

"What's your probation looking?"

"Weekly drug testing and I can't leave the state but I didn't get no ankle monitor or house arrest so it's not that bad," Trey said with a shrug.

"It's good to have you back and I speak on behalf of all of us when I say that we really appreciate the way you handled things," Woody said as he placed a hand on Trey's knee, "Especially with what happened with your moms and all,"

Trey cleared his throat as he tried to regain his composure. All he could think about were the endless furlough requests he had sent in to attend her funeral but all of them were declined.

"Shit happens," Trey shrugged it off, "She in a better place now anyways,"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about," Woody said as he leaned back against his seat, "You can tell that I ain't looking too good. Cancer. Lung cancer,"

"Damn," Trey didn't know what else to say as he was expecting a warm homecoming, not somber news.

"Doctors say I got six months to a year but you know, I'm going to fight this son-of-a-bitch until I can't no more," Woody said with a bit of arrogance in his voice, "But everybody got a date with their maker and mines is sooner then later and I'd like to set it up so that this empire that I've build over the years doesn't crumble when I'm gone,"

"I feel you," Trey said, still not aware of where this was going.

"I want you to go back to working with Greezy, he's working on the 27th now. He's really appreciative of what you did for him and he'll take care of you and get you back into the game. I'm sure you know by now that you're brother is Greezy's right hand man so I want y'all three to step up and be ready to take over the leadership of this when I'm gone. Y'all like sons to me,"

Trey simple nodded his head, realizing that at 24 with just a GED and a record, he didn't have the future that Arnez had, where he could simply re-brand himself and try to make something out of his life. He had always resented Arnez a bit for it. He had resented everyone for what had become of him. He was the one that paid for what happened that night, despite having no part in it what so ever. Trey had always figured that he'd eventually had gotten his act together, go to school and have a big family, maybe even with Candace. Now he was 24, broke, without a job, without a house and the only family he had was a brother he hadn't spoken to in nearly two years.

The theory of evolution states that only the strong shall survive but there was Trey, still standing. He had everything thrown at him and he seemed to had failed at every corner; school, family and even on that night, everyone managed to get away except for him. Greezy had risen up to become the second highest ranked member in the crew and Arnez seemed to have gotten his life together, earning a college degree and getting himself a good job in the city. And there was Trey; broken, beaten but refusing to give in to the perils of life.

Last edited by Soapy; 08-02-2014 at 6:11 PM.

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

#LetMileyTwerk #enterjameisjoke

Stand On Guard For Thee Captain Canada's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    "mothatfucka, cause the devil is a lie!!" good to see you back in the writing block game, soapy. no breaks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

Superstar

going to be following fo so

5. The Following User Says Thank You to redsox907 For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the support. I think this goes without saying but this is a spin-off offSympathy for the Devil, focusing this time mainly on Trey's side of the story after the fact. I've already planned out the first two seasons and will try to at least post one episode per day. Hope you guys enjoy.

[Today 6:58 PM] CountdowNxx : if you think a bunch of overrated thugs running through smoke is better than Osceola planting the burning spear at midfield then I don't know what to say to you
    [Today 11:27 PM] BazeGOAT : I'm gonna enjoy watching the Patriots lose some time in the next month.

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

With that being said Episode 2 (and possibly 3) of Season 1 dropping tonight!

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    I see Greezy is entering the picture again

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Baze For This Useful Post:

#FuckGreezy, let's make that known worldwide.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

lie
    Brotherly Love

It was all smiles as Trey rolled off his bed, simply happy to see the sunshine beaming through the blinds. He wasn't waking up to a CO yelling, telling the inmates it was time for them to get up and get their day started. The room Arnez gave him wasn't much but it certainly beat sharing a cell with a roommate with tens of bodies on his sheet. Trey threw a shirt on and went to the kitchen, excited to get his first full-day out of the bid going.

"You need to get rid of them shits," Arnez pointed at his nappy dread locks, "Those ain't the waves out here,"

"I wasn't trusting no nigga in the pen with my hairline," Trey chuckled while picking at his hair, "Bobby still cut here by 10th?"

"I can drop you off before going to school," Arnez didn't stop moving as he continued to clean the house while also fixing himself some breakfast, "You spending the day at Greezy's I'm assuming,"

"Some other time, " Trey replied while grabbing a bag of chips before heading to Arnez's car, "Got some business to take care off real quick.

Trey nodded to a couple of familiar faces he saw outside of Greezy's new spot on 27th. It had been six year since most of them saw him and those who didn't know what happened, probably assumed he was dead. Trey ran his hand through his locks as he walked up the porch before knocking on the door.

"Who the fuck this is?!" yelled a familiar voice from the other side of the door.

"It's Trey," he replied, anxious to get inside.

JuJu swung the door open and bear hugged his unsuspecting brother, patting him on the back several times. Trey halfheartedly returned the favor before slightly pushing his brother away from him and making his way around the room. There were around half a dozen guys in the living room, some new and some Trey recognized, smoking and drinking it seemed to past time before the next batch was ready to be delivered.

"I didn't think you was coming around today," JuJu said as he wrapped his arm around Trey, "All these niggas keep telling me how you was running the street while I was locked away in Mom's crib,"

Trey simply chuckled, a little embarrassed by his apparent reputation as he took a seat in the living room. A conversation quickly picked up about how it was like in the pen and what-not, a conversation Trey was simply tired of having. Recanting his time in jail just made him relive every moment and made him aware of how much of his life he had wasted away inside those concrete walls.

"They didn't tell me you was getting here so early," Greezy said as he came down the stairs, "I would of at least had one of these bitches cook something up for you,"

"I ain't a big fan of spectacles," Trey said as he dapped Greezy up, "Just looking to get back into the business,"

Trey didn't realize how long he held Greezy's hand, startling himself as he finally let it go. His time in prison gave him time to think and no matter how many times he tried to replay what happened that night and try to see what caused it all, it all went back to Greezy. Sure, maybe Sean shouldn't have attacked Arnez like that or maybe the fact that Trey himself spent too much time trying to figure out what happen instead of running but it all turns back to a drunk and high Greezy shooting his gun without hesitation. During the worst of his days during those six years, Trey thought about accepting the deal that was put in front of him; tell who shot Sean and be freed of the intent-to-sell charges. But Trey decided to live by the code and keep his mouth shut, serving out his term before getting out early thanks to good behavior. He was looking up to ten years in jail thanks to what happened that night.

"We run a tight little operation now," Greezy said as he took a seat, "The house behind us is where everything is chopped up, it's delivered to us here and that's how we handle business now. We keep everything apart now so the next time 9 decide to roll up on us, they ain't gonna have shit."

"That sounds real good," Trey couldn't help but picture himself being in Greezy's position by now if everything had gone differently, running his own crew.

"Speaking of which," Greezy said as he turned his attention to the other people in the room, "They ready for y'all,"

Everyone in the room besides Trey, JuJu and Greezy got up and walked outside, ready to start pushing their weight for the week. Trey could feel himself relaxing as each of them made their way out of the house as Trey tended to get a little jumpy around people, especially the ones he didn't know.

"I know I was pushing around two ounces or so every week before I got locked up," Trey started the conversation back up as he faced Greezy, "I'm thinking an ounce to get back up on my feet, get my old custies back and then we can go back to what we was doing before,"

"That sounds ab..." before Greezy could finish his sentence, JuJu cut him off.

"You was thinking? You wasn't fucking thinking that night, now was you? You ain't moving shit," JuJu said as he angrily got up from his seat, "Motherfucker this here is a good-bye tour for yo' ass,"

"Woah, chill out fam. Y'all blood man," Greezy said as he held JuJu back, "Y'all need to take this shit outside and work it out,"

"I ain't your fucking little brother no more," Trey angrily spat back as he got into JuJu's face as soon as the door was closed behind them, "I was pushing fucking weight in these streets while you was playing house with Mom,"

"I was at least fucking there for her! She died with you protecting these fucking niggas!"

"I know you ain't talking about being there! You came to see me fucking twice while I was locked! And not once after Ma' died so don't fucking come here with that bullshit man,"

"I fucked up with that," JuJu calmed down as he grabbed Trey's head, "You my fucking blood man but this shit ain't for you,"

"What shit?"

"This shit," JuJu answered as he threw his hand up, "The drug game shit, Greezy, fucking Woody and these fucking niggas! This ain't you and this ain't fucking for you!"

"This shit is all I got! I ain't got no fucking family, no girl, no job, no fucking education so this all I fucking got! All I got is this fucking drug game and I ain't giving that up. Not even for you man,"

El Duque by BazeGOAT

sig

JuJu a little too late to try and save Trey, bruh. He's been slipping in that brother department. #FuckGreezy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Canada For This Useful Post:

Superstar

Trey finna kill Greezy one day. At least he should. Kill the man that got him locked up and get his rep up so no one fucks with him #FuckGreezy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to redsox907 For This Useful Post: