Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Trade Discussions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    What would it take to Get Michael Beasley on the Bucks?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    I was thinking possibly Beasley to the Bucks for Mbah a Moute and Udoh or one of their young players or a draft pick, but problem with trying to trade Beasley is that you have to wait til December 15, that is the date that all off season free agents that signed with a new team are eligible to be traded. That is a provision that is included in the new CBA agreement, although I'm not quite sure if when 2K implemented the new CBA into the game this year if they followed or had to follow the CBA word for word. I do know that the Bucks are trying to unload Drew Gooden so you could probably try to work out something there with Gooden involved.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eaglerock562 For This Useful Post:

I was thinking:

Trade 1:

Bucks Send: Tobias Harris, Drew Gooden, 2 2nd Rd Picks
    Suns Send: Michael Beasley, Wesley Johnson

Trade 2:

Bucks Send: Tobias Harris, Ekpe Udoh, Beno Udrih, 2013 2nd Rd Pick
    Suns Send: Michael Beasley, Wesley Johnson, 2013 1st Rd Pick

All Trades after 15th December.

It's somewhat rare that a player a team just brought in would be dealt so quickly. Especially one that was somewhat highly coveted like Beasley

Yeah I was thinking the same too. The suns are in rebuilding mode and Beasley is probably the player they are developing for the future, so they probably would not trade him.

Los Angeles Lakers Association Users - 2013 Draft Picks involved in NBA trades prior to this season

Hey guys, I wanted to post this up on here as well so you could all use it as a reference for your Associations. I've gone through and got down on my spreadsheets the future draft picks from 2013 - 2017 for both first and second rounds that have been used or involved in trades prior to opening night this season. A vast majority of them are protected draft picks and therefor it won't be known who will get the pick until closer to the end of the season to see if the teams who had traded picks away that were protected fall into the agreed upon draft pick order range. In short if a team traded a 2nd round pick away but its a top 45 protected pick if they pick falls anywhere under the 45th pick the original team keeps the draft pick this season and must give up the following years pick to compensate the other team involved, but if the protected pick was after the 45th pick then the team that received the pick in the trade will be rewarded the pick. It's very important that in order to get these picks on the correct teams you follow the trade transactions exactly as I have them. This should take you 15-20 minutes before you begin your first Association game. I would highly recommend that if you are a hardcore Association player that plays with realistic results in mind then these trades need to be made. I will post up EVERY 2013 1st and 2nd round pick that is involved in a trade for this coming off season, but below are the trades that are not protected, you can make these immediately and I will post the protected picks in a few minutes.

Brooklyn Nets/Atlanta Hawks trade (Follow trade exactly)
    Houston trades 2013 & 2014 first round pick to Atlanta.
    Atlanta trades 2014 first round pick to Houston.
    **Following that transaction, swap back 2014 first round pick to each team**
    (Brooklyn needs to replaced by the Rockets in this trade because it involves the Rockets 2013 first-round pick that was traded to the Nets then traded to the Hawks via the Joe Johnson trade, so leave Brooklyn out of the trade picture and simply swap the pick with Houston)

Boston Celtics/Minnesota Timberwolves trade
    Boston trades 2014 second round pick to Minnesota
    Minnesota trades 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Boston
    **Following that transaction, swap back 2014 second round picks to each team**
    THEN PERFORM THE FOLLOWING TRANSACTION...

Boston Celtics/Portland Trail Blazers trade
    Boston trades Minnesota's 2013 second round pick, Celtics 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Portland
    Portland trades 2014 second round pick to Boston

Cleveland Cavaliers/Orlando Magic trade
    Cleveland trades 2014 second round pick to Orlando
    Orlando trades 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Cleveland

Houston Rockets/Charlotte Bobcats trade
    Houston trades 2014 second round pick to Charlotte
    Charlotte trades 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Houston
    (The Rockets and Bobcats obviously never made a deal between them, but the Bobcats second-round pick was traded to Oklahoma City who then traded the pick Boston via the Kendrick Perkins trade and Boston traded it via the Courtney Lee trade so need to go through all four teams, just do this involving these two teams)

Minnesota Timberwolves/Brooklyn Nets trade
    Minnesota trades 2014 second round pick to Brooklyn
    Brooklyn trades 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Minnesota

Orlando Magic/Golden State Warriors trade
    Orlando trades 2014 second round pick to Golden State
    Golden State trades 2013 second round pick and 2014 second round pick to Orlando
    (The Magic and Warriors obviously never made a deal between them, but leaving out the previous teams that had this draft pick, the Knicks and the Nuggets, just makes it easier to deal with Magic and Warriors directly)

Philadelphia 76ers/New Orleans Hornets trade
    Philadelphia trades 2014 second round pick to New Orleans
    New Orleans trades 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Philadelphia
    **Following the transaction, swap back 2014 second round picks to each team**

Utah Jazz/Chicago Bulls trade
    Utah Jazz trade 2014 second round pick to Chicago
    Chicago trades 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Utah

Washington Wizards/New York Knicks trade
    Washington trades 2014 second round pick to New York
    New York trades 2013 second round pick & 2014 second round pick to Washington

These are the moves that users should make to accurately get those draft picks on the correct teams. These are also the trades that don't involve the picks being protected.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eaglerock562 For This Useful Post:

Los Angeles Lakers 2013 1st and 2nd round draft picks involved in trades from prior seasons - MUST READ

Below are the trades involving 2013 first and second round picks. There are a few things though that you need to pay close attention to before executing these trades to get the proper draft picks to the right teams for the 2013 NBA draft following your first season.

• A majority of the trades made involving draft picks were made with the stipulation that the draft picks were "lottery protected" or "protected".
    • A "lottery protected" or "protected" pick goes back to its original team if the pick is within the parameters of the protected area (example, if team A trades away their first round pick to team B, but the pick is a top-12 protected pick, that means that if that draft pick is pick #1-12 that it is given back to its original team, team A and they own the draft pick and will then surrender the following years draft pick to complete the trade).

2013 First Round Picks
    Atlanta Hawks: Receives Houston's first-round pick from Nets via Joe Johnson trade on 7/11/12.

Charlotte Bobcats: Receives Portland's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected through 2015) via the Gerald Wallace trade on 2/24/11. Receives Detroit's 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected in 2013, top-8 protected in 2014, top-1 in 2015, unprotected in 2016) via the Corey Maggette trade on 6/26/12.

Chicago Bulls: Receives 2013 first-round (top-12 protected in 2013, top-10 in 2014, top-8 in 2015, unprotected in 2016) from the Charlotte Bobcats via the Tyrus Thomas trade on 2/18/10.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Miami's 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected through 2016) via the LeBron James trade on 7/9/10. Receives Sacramento's 2013 first-round pick (top-13 protected in 2013, top-12 protected in 2014, top-10 in 2015-17; if not conveyed by 2017, receives 2017 second-round pick) via the J.J. Hickson trade on 6/30/11. Have the option to switch less favorable of their pick and Heat's with Lakers via Ramon Sessions trade on 3/15/12.

Houston Rockets: Receives Dallas' first-round pick (top-20 protected in 2013-17) from the L.A. Lakers via the Derek Fisher trade on 3/15/12. Receives Toronto's first-round pick (top-3 protected and 15-30 protected in 2013, top-2 protected and 15-30 protected in 2014-15, top-1 protected and 15-30 protected in 2016-17, unprotected in 2018) via Kyle Lowry trade on 7/11/12.

Miami Heat: Receives Philadelphia's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected in 2013-15, unprotected in 2016) via Arnett Moultrie trade on 6/28/12.

Minnesota Timberwolves: Receives Memphis' 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected through 2016) via Houston via the Shane Battier trade on 2/24/11. Receives Utah's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected in 2013, top-9 protected from right to swap in 2014, else 2014 second-round pick) via the Al Jefferson trade on 7/13/10.

New Jersey Nets: Receives Houston's 2013 first-round pick (top-14 protected through 2016) via the Terrence Williams trade on 12/15/10.

Philadelphia 76ers: Receives Miami's 2013 first-round pick (top-12 protected) via the Arnett Moultrie trade on 6/28/12.

Phoenix Suns: Receives L.A. Laker's 2013 first-round pick (less favorable) via the Steve Nash trade on 7/11/12. Receive the least favorable of Minnesota's first-round pick (Minnesota's pick is top-13 protected in 2013-14, top-12 protected in 2015-16; Grizzlies pick top-14 protected in 2013-16) via three-team trade with New Orleans Hornets on 7/27/12.

Utah Jazz: Receives Golden State's 2013 first-round pick (top-7 protected in 2013, top-6 protected in 2014, else 2014 and 2016 second-round picks) via Utah (from the Marcus Williams trade on 9/29/09) from the Deron Williams trade on 2/23/11.

2013 Second Round Picks
    Atlanta Hawks: Receives conditional 2011 second-round pick (top-40 protected through 2016) from Houston via the David Andersen trade on 7/14/09. Pick won't transfer until a year after Rockets give Pistons a second-round pick as part of Chase Budinger trade.

Boston Celtics: Receives Minnesota's 2013 second-round pick (via Boston from the Delonte West trade on 7/26/10) via the Luke Harangody trade on 2/24/11.

Cleveland Cavaliers: Receives Orlando's 2013 second-round pick via the Justin Harper trade on 6/23/11.

Denver Nuggets: Receives Golden State's 2013 second-round pick via New York via the Carmelo Anthony trade on 2/22/11. Receives Portland's 2013 second-round pick (top-40 protected in 2013, unprotected in 2014) via Andre Miller trade on 6/23/11.

Detroit Pistons: Receives L.A. Clippers 2013 second-round pick (top-55 protected) via the Alex Acker trade on 2/16/09.

Houston Rockets: Receive Charlotte's 2013 second-round pick from Boston, who received it from Thunder, via Courtney Lee trade on 7/20/12.

L.A. Lakers: Receives Memphis' 2013 second-round pick (top-55 protected) via the Chris Mihm trade on 2/18/09.

Minnesota Timberwolves: Receives Brooklyn's 2013 second-round pick via the Bojan Bogdanovic trade on 6/23/11; Receives Oklahoma City's 2013 second-round pick (if pick in 47-60) via the Lazar Hayward trade on 12/13/11.

Orlando Magic: Receive Golden State's 2013 second-round pick from Nuggets via Dwight Howard trade on 8/10/12.

Philadelphia 76ers: Receives New Orleans' 2013 second-round pick via the Marreese Speights trade on 1/4/12.

Phoenix Suns: Receives Denver's 2013 second-round pick from the Lakers (top-40 protected in 2013, unprotected in 2014), who acquired it in Chukwudiebere Maduabum trade, via Steve Nash trade on 7/11/12.

Utah Jazz: Receives Chicago's 2013 second-round pick via the Carlos Boozer trade on 7/8/10.

Washington Wizards: Receives New York's 2013 second-round pick via the Ronny Turiaf trade on 12/10/11.

Trades that do not involve any draft picks being protected will be in red font and can be made before you begin your first Association game. It is highly recommended that you run a 30 team user owned Association and you can choose to have the AI (your assistants) handle trades while you make the final decision. I will be posting the exact trades that users need to make in order to get these picks from one team to another especially those that traded away a draft pick that they received from another team in a prior trade.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eaglerock562 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Wow. Thanks a lot Eaglerock, great work. I will definitely use that when I start up an association next time.

Yeah there is a lot more trust me. One thing is for sure the off seasons will be extremely interesting. My Association Guide is up on in the roster section on operationsports if you wanna look at each section that I'm putting out for everyone to use as a reference.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eaglerock562 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerock562 View Post
    Yeah there is a lot more trust me. One thing is for sure the off seasons will be extremely interesting. My Association Guide is up on in the roster section on operationsports if you wanna look at each section that I'm putting out for everyone to use as a reference.
    Yeah I've been following your association guide. Even though Im on PS3 and using a bedwards roster I still reference yours.