Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Workout Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Official Workout Thread

Got questions about working out, or favorite exercises? Want to compare results or diets? Post it here. A thread for all the guys who spend too many hours in the gym. Or like myself use it as a way to stay sane in between all the work haha.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese2121 For This Useful Post:

I love to workout, but I seldom have the time, I feel like I'm always busy with something.
    Go Hoosiers

I definitely know the feeling. I was pretty good about it for a year and half with a routine and such and then I fell out of it about five months ago with all the work. I am trying to get back on it though. It is definitely a great way to stay sane when you're working all day. I have also gotten big into running lately. I ran xc in high school but I have been doing even longer distances lately. Ran my second half marathon back in November.

T3ach M3 How To Dougi3! joshrmlb's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    I just finished a workout today. Set a personal new record for benches and cleans. Doing pretty well now .
    Last edited by joshrmlb; 12-11-2012 at 3:21 PM.

I'm going to try to get back into it.. gotta day off today surprisingly after I study a little bit for Finals next week. Going to lift a bit later, still need to get back into it.

A cool idea would be to start some type of workout schedule where we exercise on the same days or somethin. It might offer a little bit of motivation.
    Go Hoosiers

Just got done with my first workout in quite a while haha. Feels really good, looking to continue for a long time! I did about two sets of bench presses, chin ups (the type that you pull down with the bar, not sure what that's called), butterflies (those suck), arm curls, and leg curls. I had a repetition of about 15-30, depending on which one. I'll probably stick with this for a week or two, then start using some more weight.
    Go Hoosiers

I like that idea Ross, that would be pretty sweet. I am trying to get into a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule for lifting and trying to mix some cardio/running in on the off days. I am trying some of the new routines from Jason Ferrugia's workout book. We'll see where that goes. I would love to get into something steady.

I just love that feeling after working out, feeling accomplished and like you got something done. It's the best. What are you all going for with your lifting? Looking to build muscle? Shed weight?

Yeah, it feels good at the end of the day. I'm just lifting to gain muscle, I have a pretty athletic body type. As of now I'm just going for reps, but like I said in a week or two I will focus a little more on weight.
    Go Hoosiers

Want to try to get into a MWF schedule with me Ross? Get some motivation going! I'm going for muscle as well. I'd really like to build overall core and base strength as well. I don't want to turn into all upper body or lose the ability to be a good runner etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheese2121 View Post
    Want to try to get into a MWF schedule with me Ross? Get some motivation going! I'm going for muscle as well. I'd really like to build overall core and base strength as well. I don't want to turn into all upper body or lose the ability to be a good runner etc.
    Yeah man, definitely.