Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB Trade Discussions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Wanting to get rid of Ludwick and Heisey so Billy Hamilton can play more. Any thoughts

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    I recently put Hanrahan on the block, simply because he sucks and I don't like him, I don't care for realism as I'm sure Boston wouldn't trade him(They might if he keeps up his poor pitching). Who could I get for him, I'd like to get either prospects or someone in their mid to late 20's, tired of the old players that Boston keeps getting. Ideally, I'd like an OF(preferably LF), 3B/SS, more relief pitching, or even a starter.

It says the Tigers, Rangers, and Yankees are currently interested in him as well, if that helps with any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by JBate24 View Post
    I recently put Hanrahan on the block, simply because he sucks and I don't like him, I don't care for realism as I'm sure Boston wouldn't trade him(They might if he keeps up his poor pitching). Who could I get for him, I'd like to get either prospects or someone in their mid to late 20's, tired of the old players that Boston keeps getting. Ideally, I'd like an OF(preferably LF), 3B/SS, more relief pitching, or even a starter.

It says the Tigers, Rangers, and Yankees are currently interested in him as well, if that helps with any suggestions.
    Well Boston would never trade with New York lol. Could try for OF Dirks on Detroit. Also SP Drew Smyly from Detroit is good, just no spot for him in the rotation right now. Smyly would probably be the most likely deal to happen, but a good pick up in my opinion (even toying around with the idea of scooping him up in my chise).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Well Boston would never trade with New York lol. Could try for OF Dirks on Detroit. Also SP Drew Smyly from Detroit is good, just no spot for him in the rotation right now. Smyly would probably be the most likely deal to happen, but a good pick up in my opinion (even toying around with the idea of scooping him up in my chise).
    I don't need a LF now, I talked to the guys on OS about Tyler Moore(LF for Nationals) and am trading Aceves and Swihart(catcher that I really don't need) for him. I may try that Smyly one, well I'll see if he's good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JBate24 View Post
    I don't need a LF now, I talked to the guys on OS about Tyler Moore(LF for Nationals) and am trading Aceves and Swihart(catcher that I really don't need) for him. I may try that Smyly one, well I'll see if he's good or not.
    I don't see why the Red Sox would get Smyly since they have quite a few pitching prospects right now (Webster, Ranaudo, etc.)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueJaysFan65 For This Useful Post:

I just put Wandy Rodriguez on the block in my Pirates chise. The Giants have Lincecum & Hector Sanchez on the block, they are in last place right now and Lincecum is playing decent (3-3, 4.03 ERA). I'm thinking I could trade Wandy and a prospect for Timmy & Hector, thoughts?

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub(FAM) View Post
    I just put Wandy Rodriguez on the block in my Pirates chise. The Giants have Lincecum & Hector Sanchez on the block, they are in last place right now and Lincecum is playing decent (3-3, 4.03 ERA). I'm thinking I could trade Wandy and a prospect for Timmy & Hector, thoughts?
    I don't think they would want Wandy either way tbh, if they're not contending it would make more sense to give a younger guy a shot. As far as getting Timmy maybe throw in Andrew Lambo and Tony Sanchez. Sanchez is a defensive first catcher, great backup, with questionable offensive skills and Lambo is an OF/1B with power but OBP and strikeout issues.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox907 View Post
    I don't think they would want Wandy either way tbh, if they're not contending it would make more sense to give a younger guy a shot. As far as getting Timmy maybe throw in Andrew Lambo and Tony Sanchez. Sanchez is a defensive first catcher, great backup, with questionable offensive skills and Lambo is an OF/1B with power but OBP and strikeout issues.
    I was thinking they would take Wandy just because he's expiring, the prospect would be the main part of the deal. And Hector has some pretty nice contact ratings, he could easily be a starter for me.

Superstar

yeah i forgot Wandy was an expiring. And even with hector's contact ratings I think Martin is still better, but i guess it depends on if he is performing for you.
    Wandy plus Lambo and/or Sanchez should be enough. I'd throw in Sanchez tbqh. Lambo looks like a role-player at best, with Sanchez they get a strong future backstop plus potential starter if Posey ever has to move from Catcher. Gives you a pitcher who is better under user control than CPU and a solid catcher, while they get an expiring plus a dece prospect.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to redsox907 For This Useful Post:

Superstar

Sorry for the double post but wanted to post it separate.

Starting to think about moves I could make at/or near the deadline. Currently sitting right around .500 for my chise, but with a few tweaks could be contending easily. So not sure weather to pull the trigger on a potential big deal, or make a minor depth move or two and ride it out. Few positions I'm looking at are SP, 3B, OF. For a bigger deal I'd be willing to part with probably two SP prospects (more than likely would include Matt Banres in a larger deal (he's a rookie with a 3-1 record with a 2.38 ERA ATM) along with either Webster or Ranudado with possibly Betts/Bradley/Vazquez thrown in. I've got enough depth in the farm system to make a big acquisition, plus enough depth at the MLB level to make a few lower moves and still hang around in the WC spot imo. So here are a few players/packages I'm looking at:

Chris Sale and Dayan Viciedo.Alejandro De Aza:
    Sale adds yet another ace to my dominate pitching staff while De Aza would give me a OF with speed and contact to insert in the top of the lineup. Viciedo doesn;t have speed, but he crushes lefties and would make a great platoon with Sizemore.

Adrian Beltre:
    If the Rangers aren't contending in late June/July it would make sense to move either Beltre or Andrus(to make room for Profar) to restock the pitching staff/farm system. Beltre is familiar with the Red Sox, playing there for one year and nearly re-signing before Texas swopped in, and would fit in with the club while Texas would benefit from adding additional prospects to the farm system.

CF Dexter Fowler and CP Jesse Crain:
    The Astros are always looking to add more prospects during their rebuild and a speedy outfielder is just what Boston is looking for. Fowler isn't amazing, but he plays solid D, has great speed, and can hit. Crain has shown in the past to be a shut-down reliever and no doubt he could continue that in Boston. It would probably take a combo of Webster/Ranuado plus at least someone like Vazquez but the Sox could probably part Houston of the trio.

Giancarlo Stanton:
    If the Red Sox really wanted to make a splash they simply need to head to an old friend, the now Miami Marlins. Back in 2005 they traded now Dodgers shortstop, now Tigers SP Anibal Sanchez, and a few other prospects for Josh Beckett. Stanton is one of the best power hitters in the league and would instantly upgrade the Sox lineup. It would most likely take at least Barnes, Betts, Bradley Jr, Vazquez, and probably either Webster or De La Rosa, but the long term commitment from Stanton could easily be worth the haul.

David Wright:
    With the Mets struggling yet again they might finally realize that David Wright deserves to play for a winner. With a glut of pitching and position players the Red Sox are well positioned to make a deal for Wright, the only question is if the Mets are ready to move on from their star.

Cliff Lee and Ben Revere:
    Lee would give Boston the additional ace they might need to return to the World Series while Revere would give Boston the speedy run producer at the top of the lineup. With Philadelphia strugglign yet again its only a matter of time before Lee either leaves the time or rides of into the sunset, so they should look to get value for the still dominant righty while they have a chance. If Philadelphia can pry Bradley Jr in the deal, who has considrably more upside and control than Revere, they would more than likely support the deal.

Jeff Samardzija and Emilio Bonifacio:
    Samardzija is another ace rumored to be unhapppy while Bonfiacio could benefit the Red Sox with his versatility, he can literally play almost every position on the dimond. Samadzija is only 29 years old with 4 years of service time, so he would at least be controlable for a few more seasons for Boston while Bonifacio could contribute immediately.

Carlos Gonzalez:
    The Rockies are once again struggling with consistency, mostly due to their pitching staff. If Boston relinqueshed Clay Buchholz along with a possibly Ranuado and De La Rosa the Rockies might be tempted to deal from a position of strength, the outfield, to assist their always lackluster pitching staff.

Will Venable/Cameron Maybin and Josh Johnson:
    Both Venable and Maybin posses great speed on the base paths, but Venable also provides some pop for his buck. Johnson has been solid for the Friars this season, pitching to a 6-8 record with a 4.20 ERA after recovering from Tommy John surgery in the offseason. With a hard fastball and razor slider he always has value, weather in the rotation nor in the bullpen. Boston could look to add a lower value OF like Maybin or Venable while taking a risk on a pitcher like Johnson.

A few ideas I've come up with. Will always welcome more trade ideas or insight into the ones I've thought of.